Mummified Detroit Woman Died in 2008, Somehow Voted in 2010
By Parismita Goswami | March 12, 2014 9:29 PM EST
A Michigan woman, who considered to have died in 2008, apparently voted in 2010 gubernatorial election.
Investigators have spoken to the woman sister in Boston (Representational Image)
Mummified remains of the body believed to have belonged to 49-year-old, Pia Farrenkopf were found last week in her Pontiac home.
The body was discovered by a contractor who was sent to her house before foreclosing her property.
Investigators haven't yet confirmed the body to be that of Farrenkopf, whose body was found in the backseat of a jeep that was parked in the home's garage.
Experts, on the basis of initial tests, believe that the woman has been dead since 2008. However, adding to gruesome mystery, voting records shows that Farrenkopf casted her vote in 2010 election. However, authorities say that 2010 voting records may possibly be an administrative error.
Investigators are looking at the death as a homicide, according to MLive.com. They are on the process to match the womans's DNA samples with that of Farrenkopf's sister. They are also seeking for dental records to identify the woman.
Neighbors believed that Farrenkopf must have moved to Germany as she intended to do so. Her lawn was maintained neat and mail box never piled up. Farrenkopf's mortgage payments, her utilities and other bills went from her bank account automatically. It was only in 2013, when her bank account ran out of money, which led to the property's foreclosure and the discovery of the corpse.
Neighbors never noticed anything wrong. The woman was believed to have lived alone and often used to disappear for days or weeks on business trips.
"This is a real mystery and I expect we will get to the bottom of it, but its going to take more time," Detroit News quoted Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard.
Farrenkopf worked with Chrysler's financing division before her service was terminated in 2008, according to Detroit News.
Investigators have spoken to the woman's sister in Boston, who informed them that the two sisters were estranged and that she has not talked to her for years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Watch Delta Aquarids July 28-29 Peak Online, NASA Cameras Spotted Start of Perseid Meteor Shower
- Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming
- Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
- New Zealand-Born IDF Soldier Killed in Gaza Attack Amid Ceasefire Promises
- Volunteer Teen Rapes Orphans during Mission Trip
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga