LG G3 to Boast Water and Dust Resistant Body: Report
By Rohit KVN | March 12, 2014 8:52 PM EST
LG's much-anticipated marquee phone G3, which is set to debut in a few months time, is reported to boast a rugged all-weather cover, says a report from Korea.
Journalists look at the new LG G2 smart phone following its debut at a news conference in New York.
Online media house ETNews, citing industry sources, has claimed that the LG is planning to incorporate a water-and-dust resistant feature, similar to Sony's high-end Xperia phones and the recently unveiled Samsung Galaxy S5.
The website said the water-and-dust resistant feature would become the norm for most flagship smartphones from this year as top Chinese smartphone vendors Huawei and ZTE are also in talks with partner suppliers to integrate rugged features in their devices.
This revelation has thrown up an interesting debate in tech media circles to predict that Google Nexus 6, which is touted as the light-weight version of LG G3, may adopt the same feature too. However, this speculation is too early to presume of becoming true as the Nexus 5 successor is not expected to debut till the late second half of the year.
LG G3, pegged as the Galaxy S5 killer, is said to flaunt a big 5.5-inch screen with QHD (aka 2K) 2560x1440p resolutions and pack in-house built 64-bit architecture-based Octa-core processor Odin, a 16.0-megapixel camera with OIS (Optical Image Stabilizations) and also a fingerprint sensor-based biometric technology for secured screen locking.
Other key specs like RAM, battery capacity are yet to be ascertained but going by the numerous reports, the rivalry between Samsung and LG will be similar to last year's battle of flexible screen smartphones. LG, despite losing the race to launch the industry's first curved display handset, garnered huge response from critics as well as fans for its self-healing cover and ergonomic design. The company went on to release the G Flex in multiple global markets, while Samsung's Galaxy Round was limited to the home market South Korea.
Word on the street is that LG is reportedly planning to launch the G3 as early as May/June, a couple of months ahead of the G2 year-cycle completion, probably to hurt the Galaxy S5 sales.
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft