LG G3 to Boast Water and Dust Resistant Body: Report
By Rohit KVN | March 12, 2014 8:52 PM EST
LG's much-anticipated marquee phone G3, which is set to debut in a few months time, is reported to boast a rugged all-weather cover, says a report from Korea.
Journalists look at the new LG G2 smart phone following its debut at a news conference in New York.
Online media house ETNews, citing industry sources, has claimed that the LG is planning to incorporate a water-and-dust resistant feature, similar to Sony's high-end Xperia phones and the recently unveiled Samsung Galaxy S5.
The website said the water-and-dust resistant feature would become the norm for most flagship smartphones from this year as top Chinese smartphone vendors Huawei and ZTE are also in talks with partner suppliers to integrate rugged features in their devices.
This revelation has thrown up an interesting debate in tech media circles to predict that Google Nexus 6, which is touted as the light-weight version of LG G3, may adopt the same feature too. However, this speculation is too early to presume of becoming true as the Nexus 5 successor is not expected to debut till the late second half of the year.
LG G3, pegged as the Galaxy S5 killer, is said to flaunt a big 5.5-inch screen with QHD (aka 2K) 2560x1440p resolutions and pack in-house built 64-bit architecture-based Octa-core processor Odin, a 16.0-megapixel camera with OIS (Optical Image Stabilizations) and also a fingerprint sensor-based biometric technology for secured screen locking.
Other key specs like RAM, battery capacity are yet to be ascertained but going by the numerous reports, the rivalry between Samsung and LG will be similar to last year's battle of flexible screen smartphones. LG, despite losing the race to launch the industry's first curved display handset, garnered huge response from critics as well as fans for its self-healing cover and ergonomic design. The company went on to release the G Flex in multiple global markets, while Samsung's Galaxy Round was limited to the home market South Korea.
Word on the street is that LG is reportedly planning to launch the G3 as early as May/June, a couple of months ahead of the G2 year-cycle completion, probably to hurt the Galaxy S5 sales.
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family