Hyundai Xcent Launched In India; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 12, 2014 8:06 PM EST
Hyundai's much anticipated Xcent sedan launched in India with price tag starting at 4.66 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The Xcent, which made its first appearance at the recently concluded Delhi Auto Expo, is a sub-4 metre compact sedan and is offered in both petrol and diesel variants in India. It is the company's first offering in this segment and will challenge India's best selling cars like Honda Amaze, Maruti Swift Dzire and the upcoming Ford Figo Concept car.The bookings for the new Xcent will start from Wednesday.
Built on the Hyundai's Grand i10 hatchback, the Xcent share similarities with its small car Grand i10 and reaches Indian market in three trims- Base, S and SX. The sedan comes with slew of features like steering-mounted audio, rear AC vents, 1GB hard drive for the 2-DIN music system, push-button start, electric rear view mirrors, Bluetooth controls and a cooled glove-box.
On the safety front, the new Xcent offers standard dual front airbags on the SX trim and ABS option in S and SX variants.
Under the hood, the petrol variant of the car comes with the same 1.2-litre kappa 2 motor, which powers the Grand i10 hatchback and the diesel model is powered by 1.1-litre diesel engine. These engines are mated to a 5 speed manual transmission.
While the Base trim petrol is priced at 4.66 lakh, the diesel comes with a price tag of 5.56 lakh. The S petrol costs 5.32 lakh and the S(O) petrol is priced at 5.57 lakh.
The top SX petrol variant comes at a price point of 6.22 lakh and SX diesel costs 7.13 lakh .The SX (O) petrol variant is available at 6.47 lakh ,while the diesel is priced at 7.38 lakh .
The pricelist of the Hyundai Xcent (ex-showroom Delhi):
Xcent Base model : 4.66 lakh
Xcent S : 5.32 lakh
Xcent S (O) : 5.57 lakh
Xcent SX : 6.22 lakh
Xcent SX (O) : 6.47 lakh
Xcent Petrol S (O) : 6.28 lakh
Xcent Petrol SX (O) : 7.19 lakh
Xcent Base model : 5.56 lakh
Xcent S : 6.23 lakh
Xcent S (O) : 6.48 lakh
Xcent SX : 7.13 lakh
Xcent SX (O) : 7.38 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS