Hyundai Xcent Launched In India; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 12, 2014 8:06 PM EST
Hyundai's much anticipated Xcent sedan launched in India with price tag starting at 4.66 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The Xcent, which made its first appearance at the recently concluded Delhi Auto Expo, is a sub-4 metre compact sedan and is offered in both petrol and diesel variants in India. It is the company's first offering in this segment and will challenge India's best selling cars like Honda Amaze, Maruti Swift Dzire and the upcoming Ford Figo Concept car.The bookings for the new Xcent will start from Wednesday.
Built on the Hyundai's Grand i10 hatchback, the Xcent share similarities with its small car Grand i10 and reaches Indian market in three trims- Base, S and SX. The sedan comes with slew of features like steering-mounted audio, rear AC vents, 1GB hard drive for the 2-DIN music system, push-button start, electric rear view mirrors, Bluetooth controls and a cooled glove-box.
On the safety front, the new Xcent offers standard dual front airbags on the SX trim and ABS option in S and SX variants.
Under the hood, the petrol variant of the car comes with the same 1.2-litre kappa 2 motor, which powers the Grand i10 hatchback and the diesel model is powered by 1.1-litre diesel engine. These engines are mated to a 5 speed manual transmission.
While the Base trim petrol is priced at 4.66 lakh, the diesel comes with a price tag of 5.56 lakh. The S petrol costs 5.32 lakh and the S(O) petrol is priced at 5.57 lakh.
The top SX petrol variant comes at a price point of 6.22 lakh and SX diesel costs 7.13 lakh .The SX (O) petrol variant is available at 6.47 lakh ,while the diesel is priced at 7.38 lakh .
The pricelist of the Hyundai Xcent (ex-showroom Delhi):
Xcent Base model : 4.66 lakh
Xcent S : 5.32 lakh
Xcent S (O) : 5.57 lakh
Xcent SX : 6.22 lakh
Xcent SX (O) : 6.47 lakh
Xcent Petrol S (O) : 6.28 lakh
Xcent Petrol SX (O) : 7.19 lakh
Xcent Base model : 5.56 lakh
Xcent S : 6.23 lakh
Xcent S (O) : 6.48 lakh
Xcent SX : 7.13 lakh
Xcent SX (O) : 7.38 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29