Hyundai Xcent Launched In India; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 12, 2014 8:06 PM EST
Hyundai's much anticipated Xcent sedan launched in India with price tag starting at 4.66 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The Xcent, which made its first appearance at the recently concluded Delhi Auto Expo, is a sub-4 metre compact sedan and is offered in both petrol and diesel variants in India. It is the company's first offering in this segment and will challenge India's best selling cars like Honda Amaze, Maruti Swift Dzire and the upcoming Ford Figo Concept car.The bookings for the new Xcent will start from Wednesday.
Built on the Hyundai's Grand i10 hatchback, the Xcent share similarities with its small car Grand i10 and reaches Indian market in three trims- Base, S and SX. The sedan comes with slew of features like steering-mounted audio, rear AC vents, 1GB hard drive for the 2-DIN music system, push-button start, electric rear view mirrors, Bluetooth controls and a cooled glove-box.
On the safety front, the new Xcent offers standard dual front airbags on the SX trim and ABS option in S and SX variants.
Under the hood, the petrol variant of the car comes with the same 1.2-litre kappa 2 motor, which powers the Grand i10 hatchback and the diesel model is powered by 1.1-litre diesel engine. These engines are mated to a 5 speed manual transmission.
While the Base trim petrol is priced at 4.66 lakh, the diesel comes with a price tag of 5.56 lakh. The S petrol costs 5.32 lakh and the S(O) petrol is priced at 5.57 lakh.
The top SX petrol variant comes at a price point of 6.22 lakh and SX diesel costs 7.13 lakh .The SX (O) petrol variant is available at 6.47 lakh ,while the diesel is priced at 7.38 lakh .
The pricelist of the Hyundai Xcent (ex-showroom Delhi):
Xcent Base model : 4.66 lakh
Xcent S : 5.32 lakh
Xcent S (O) : 5.57 lakh
Xcent SX : 6.22 lakh
Xcent SX (O) : 6.47 lakh
Xcent Petrol S (O) : 6.28 lakh
Xcent Petrol SX (O) : 7.19 lakh
Xcent Base model : 5.56 lakh
Xcent S : 6.23 lakh
Xcent S (O) : 6.48 lakh
Xcent SX : 7.13 lakh
Xcent SX (O) : 7.38 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone
- iPhone 6 Plus Phablet Features Only 1 GB RAM