Hyundai Xcent Launched In India; Price, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 12, 2014 8:06 PM EST
Hyundai's much anticipated Xcent sedan launched in India with price tag starting at 4.66 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The Xcent, which made its first appearance at the recently concluded Delhi Auto Expo, is a sub-4 metre compact sedan and is offered in both petrol and diesel variants in India. It is the company's first offering in this segment and will challenge India's best selling cars like Honda Amaze, Maruti Swift Dzire and the upcoming Ford Figo Concept car.The bookings for the new Xcent will start from Wednesday.
Built on the Hyundai's Grand i10 hatchback, the Xcent share similarities with its small car Grand i10 and reaches Indian market in three trims- Base, S and SX. The sedan comes with slew of features like steering-mounted audio, rear AC vents, 1GB hard drive for the 2-DIN music system, push-button start, electric rear view mirrors, Bluetooth controls and a cooled glove-box.
On the safety front, the new Xcent offers standard dual front airbags on the SX trim and ABS option in S and SX variants.
Under the hood, the petrol variant of the car comes with the same 1.2-litre kappa 2 motor, which powers the Grand i10 hatchback and the diesel model is powered by 1.1-litre diesel engine. These engines are mated to a 5 speed manual transmission.
While the Base trim petrol is priced at 4.66 lakh, the diesel comes with a price tag of 5.56 lakh. The S petrol costs 5.32 lakh and the S(O) petrol is priced at 5.57 lakh.
The top SX petrol variant comes at a price point of 6.22 lakh and SX diesel costs 7.13 lakh .The SX (O) petrol variant is available at 6.47 lakh ,while the diesel is priced at 7.38 lakh .
The pricelist of the Hyundai Xcent (ex-showroom Delhi):
Xcent Base model : 4.66 lakh
Xcent S : 5.32 lakh
Xcent S (O) : 5.57 lakh
Xcent SX : 6.22 lakh
Xcent SX (O) : 6.47 lakh
Xcent Petrol S (O) : 6.28 lakh
Xcent Petrol SX (O) : 7.19 lakh
Xcent Base model : 5.56 lakh
Xcent S : 6.23 lakh
Xcent S (O) : 6.48 lakh
Xcent SX : 7.13 lakh
Xcent SX (O) : 7.38 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]