PS4’s Watch Dogs TV Spot Highlights Sharing, Optional Multiplayer Details and 5 Additional Modes
By Gel Galang | March 12, 2014 7:10 PM EST
Watch Dogs beta may have appeared and disappeared on the Xbox One--which may potentially be the biggest tease now in games--with some Redditors spotting placeholders for the beta. Here, Polygon even captured an image, wherein the designated download size is 23.07GB.
The screenshot seems legitimate enough, in the sense that it features one-on-one play on Xbox One, but also the two-to-eight-player multiplayer setup with Xbox Live Gold, the number of co-op players matching a new mode that will be discussed later on.
As for the PS4, Sony is taking advantage of the whole concept of sharing Aiden Pearce's journey when you use their next-gen console.
Though the video is pretty short, it does feature a few scenes from the game, as well as the blazing guns and the action that Pearce encounters. Sony's TV spot wittingly ends with, "Greatness is great when it's shared."
If you're looking for a longer trailer that features more of the gameplay and cinematic appeal of Watch Dogs, you can check out the official story trailer from Ubisoft. It's a mix of finding justice and hacking your way towards the bad guys. You can watch it right here.
Invasive Multiplayer can be Turned Off
Considering that Watch Dogs is pretty much the hacking game that lets you be the biggest nosy and invasive character that hacks into the system, you may not want to be the one hacked while you're playing the game.
In an interview with PS4.sx, Ubisoft's dev team and animation director Colin Graham talked about different ways by which Watch Dogs can bring about great things when you play the game. Already, the conversation has touched on the invasive multiplayer approach, where you need to watch your back because of possible hackers getting in one your game.
The report states that in the instance that you fail to kill a Blume Agent after hacking them, another player of Watch Dogs will be alerted to track and hack you, and ultimately kill you. It's like being on the edge of the edge, as far as paranoia and cautiousness is concerned.
Luckily for those who can't take that kind of pressure, the multiplayer feature has been reported to have the option of being turned off at will, at least according to Ubisoft's Danny Belanger.
Quoting a source, CVG reports that the multiplayer will be the left up to the player's choice. "All the online activities are just part of the menu. They're a choice," said Belanger in a stream event quoted by CVG. "But if someone is not into that... the can totally turn it off."
Five Modes for Competitive Play Revealed
Aside from the optional multiplayer mode, it seems that Ubisoft is also packing Watch Dogs with a number of additional modes for competitive play.
MP1st has spotted a preview of the potential modes, though still not playable at the moment. According to the source, there are three one-on-one modes, namely the CTOS Mobile App Challenge, the Online Hacking, and the Online Tailing.
Other modes include Decryption, which can feature anywhere between three to eight players, Online Racing, where you need two to eight players racing a variety of cars and even boats, and the announced free roam where a max of eight players can get in on the mode.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet