Minecraft TU14 Hinted by New Screenshot, Snapshot 14w10c Log Released and a Haiti Block by Block Project
By Gel Galang | March 12, 2014 6:54 PM EST
4J Studios sure know how to tease the Minecraft TU14. This time, it's in the form of another screenshot, with the caption, "We have no idea what this says. Maybe @Kappische does? :) #MinecraftPS3 #MinecraftTU14."
Immediately, fans are swarming to find translators, as the screenshot poses a series of possible commands and executions. Some have already found translations to the highlighted command.
"NO WAY? TELEPORTATION? My friends and I were JUST talking about how cool that'd be!" said @Eskuhbro.
Another fan has also translated all other commands, as what @TheMeaningOfBla has done:
"Kan teleporta: Can teleport
Kan flyga: Can fly
Kan Stanga av: Can turn
Kan bli osynlig: May become invisible
Sparka Spelare: Kick."
What do you think of the new screenshot? Thoughts?
Minecraft Snapshot 14w10c log released
Mojang has also released a new snapshot, the 14w10c, along with a long list of changelog,
For the most part, the changes are various bug and crash fixes. The more recent snapshot changelog features the following changes:
- New Mob AI doesn't take world limit/Void into account for pathing
- Cake's Hitbix is Off
- Fences connect to Barrier block
- Block drops appear in wrong location or behind walls
- "Cross" and "Flower" models display incorrectly
- "Slightly Damaged Anvil" faces the wrong way in Inventory
- Exception on server start "Name and ID" cannot be both blank
- Planted Nether Wart appears as purple and black checkerbox
- Missing cauldron inner side
- Player data cleared after switching to14w10b
Other changes also including better cactus renders, fixed positions of HitBoxes and Eyes, correct renders of Iron Bars, and ability to model top and bottom half of doors separately.
Check out the link above to see the long and full list of changelogs, as well as download the newest Minecraft Snapshot 14w10c.
Block by Block Progresses in Haiti
Block by Block is a partnership project between the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat), the UN Agency promoting sustainable towns and cities, and Minecraft creators Mojang. Minecraft is put into even better use with the project, as it is the perfect tool to plan out urban public spaces for the four years that the partnership will be running.
The partnership started out in Kibera way back in early 2013. Block by Block has also targeted work in Kirtipur, one of the old towns in the Kathmandu Valley, where the main work being done is the improvement of the water system management and upgrading of existing public spaces for community use.
Minecraft models of some of the spaces in Kirtipur had been constructed by FyreUK, with photos of the real world vs. the Minecraft world showcased in the official Block by Block web site.
And now, eyes are turned to Les Cayes, Haiti, wherein a massive new Minecraft model of the Les Cayes waterfront has just been built. Work in Haiti for the park in Les Cayes has also been finished, with the before and after photos accessible in the link above.
Read tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- ‘GTA V’ Zombies DLC Cheat Code Proves Character Change For Players---Report
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How