‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Spoilers: Premiere Date in 2016, Prof Moriarty to Feature, What makes Benedict Cumberbatch First Sexy Sherlock
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 12, 2014 6:42 PM EST
BBC's hugely popular series "Sherlock" has made Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman huge stars and very much in demand in Hollywood. This demand seems to be delaying the filming and the premiere of "Sherlock" Season 4.
Mark Gatiss, co-creator of "Sherlock," said to Metro that "everyone wants to carry on doing Sherlock. It's a simple matter of schedules -- particularly Benedict and Martin."
The co-creator almost confirmed that "Sherlock" will return with a new season in 2016. "There was suddenly a kind of outraged response that it might not be back until 2016 but that's precisely how long it always is. It's always two years! But we'd like to return soon, of course," Gatiss said to Metro.
Cumberbatch's portrayal of Sherlock Holmes in the contemporary setting has elevated him to a super-star status. Gatiss sees this as fusing of the right man with the right part. Talking about Cumberbatch's sex appeal as Sherlock, Gatiss believes that it may have something to do with "the combination of the Byronic looks that Benedict has -- and the coat! -- that's made him into, possibly, the first sexy Sherlock Holmes."
Earlier, Gatiss' writing partner, Steven Moffat had said that they have already mapped-out the entire Season 4 and Season 5 of "Sherlock." Recently, he and Gatiss answered questions related to future seasons of "Sherlock" at an event organised by the Royal Television Society. Moffat said, as reported by The Hollywood Reporter (THR), that the plan will "get more detailed" as the production date nears.
Prof Moriarty is set to feature in "Sherlock" Season 4. According to THR's report, Moffat and Gatiss confirmed that Moriarty "would be featured in the new season." The co-writers said that "did you miss me" of Moriarty was not a last minute addition, but "they had long planned" this twist.
"Sherlock" fans may see new characters in the new season. Gatiss said that moving forward they intend to keep "Sherlock" new and introduce new characters. Also, the upcoming seasons will show Sherlock's "gradual humanization."
Talking about continuing the show beyond Season 5, Gatiss said, as quoted by THR, "The idea of growing older with it would be great. But it is hard to get everyone back together, because they have become extremely famous -- except for us."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown