‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Spoilers: Premiere Date in 2016, Prof Moriarty to Feature, What makes Benedict Cumberbatch First Sexy Sherlock
By Anshu Shrivastava | March 12, 2014 6:42 PM EST
BBC's hugely popular series "Sherlock" has made Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman huge stars and very much in demand in Hollywood. This demand seems to be delaying the filming and the premiere of "Sherlock" Season 4.
Mark Gatiss, co-creator of "Sherlock," said to Metro that "everyone wants to carry on doing Sherlock. It's a simple matter of schedules -- particularly Benedict and Martin."
The co-creator almost confirmed that "Sherlock" will return with a new season in 2016. "There was suddenly a kind of outraged response that it might not be back until 2016 but that's precisely how long it always is. It's always two years! But we'd like to return soon, of course," Gatiss said to Metro.
Cumberbatch's portrayal of Sherlock Holmes in the contemporary setting has elevated him to a super-star status. Gatiss sees this as fusing of the right man with the right part. Talking about Cumberbatch's sex appeal as Sherlock, Gatiss believes that it may have something to do with "the combination of the Byronic looks that Benedict has -- and the coat! -- that's made him into, possibly, the first sexy Sherlock Holmes."
Earlier, Gatiss' writing partner, Steven Moffat had said that they have already mapped-out the entire Season 4 and Season 5 of "Sherlock." Recently, he and Gatiss answered questions related to future seasons of "Sherlock" at an event organised by the Royal Television Society. Moffat said, as reported by The Hollywood Reporter (THR), that the plan will "get more detailed" as the production date nears.
Prof Moriarty is set to feature in "Sherlock" Season 4. According to THR's report, Moffat and Gatiss confirmed that Moriarty "would be featured in the new season." The co-writers said that "did you miss me" of Moriarty was not a last minute addition, but "they had long planned" this twist.
"Sherlock" fans may see new characters in the new season. Gatiss said that moving forward they intend to keep "Sherlock" new and introduce new characters. Also, the upcoming seasons will show Sherlock's "gradual humanization."
Talking about continuing the show beyond Season 5, Gatiss said, as quoted by THR, "The idea of growing older with it would be great. But it is hard to get everyone back together, because they have become extremely famous -- except for us."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year