Champions League Preview: FC Barcelona v Manchester City Live Streaming Information
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 12, 2014 6:29 PM EST
FC Barcelona manager Gerardo Martino believes that consistency, on Barca's part, will define the outcome in the second leg of their Champions League round-of-sixteen tie against Manchester City.
Barcelona forward Lionel Messi celebrates after scoring past Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart from the penalty spot in their Champions League last 16 first leg game, 18 February.
FC Barcelona Transfer News: Barca Midfielder Could Make England Return, Arsenal and United Possible Destinations
The Catalan giants have the advantage coming into the match on Wednesday, winning 2-0 at the Etihad in February, but have since lost two of their three La Liga outings to Real Sociedad and, recently, Valladolid last Saturday.
"After the match in Valladolid I said we made mistakes but under different circumstances - because all our defeats this season have been different. There's not a specific reason for us being inconsistent," Martino told uefa.com.
"We need to be more consistent at this stage of the season to maintain our chances of winning all three competitions [Liga, Copa del Rey and UEFA Champions League]."
"We have talked a lot individually and as a group, but this is a different competition, we have a positive result behind us and we played well in Manchester."
Meanwhile, City assistant manager, Rubén Cousillas, will oversee the proceedings in lieu of Manuel Pellegrini, who will be serving a suspension.
The second-in-command hopes that his squad will be able to forget the pain of elimination from the FA Cup in the hands of Wigan on Monday, and focus on their upcoming clash, hoping to overturn the tide away from home.
"All clubs go through tough times at some point in the season, but I don't think that will be a determining factor tomorrow," said Cousillas.
"We had a big sense of frustration because we wanted to be back at Wembley and win another cup, but Wigan surprised us. We have turned the page and we have experienced and quality players, which means we are more united than ever and we have forgotten everything in preparation for tomorrow."
"The decisions are taken by [Manuel] Pellegrini. I have worked with him for 13 years and I know what he wants. Tomorrow he can't be on the bench [because of suspension] so it's up to me to make substitutions, etc."
Barcelona (4-3-3) - Valdes; Alba, Alves, Pique, Puyol; Fabregas, Xavi, Busquets; Pedro, Sanchez, Messi
City (4-4-2) - Hart; Kolarov, Zabaleta, Lescott, Kompany; Silva, Nasri, Fernandinho, Toure; Dzeko, Aguero
Schedule and Live Streaming Information (Click on "click here" for online links):
March 13, 2014, 5:45 am (Australian EST)
U.S. [click here]
UK [click here]
Canada [click here]
Latin America [click here]
Middle East [click here]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On