Champions League Preview: FC Barcelona v Manchester City Live Streaming Information
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 12, 2014 6:29 PM EST
FC Barcelona manager Gerardo Martino believes that consistency, on Barca's part, will define the outcome in the second leg of their Champions League round-of-sixteen tie against Manchester City.
Barcelona forward Lionel Messi celebrates after scoring past Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart from the penalty spot in their Champions League last 16 first leg game, 18 February.
FC Barcelona Transfer News: Barca Midfielder Could Make England Return, Arsenal and United Possible Destinations
The Catalan giants have the advantage coming into the match on Wednesday, winning 2-0 at the Etihad in February, but have since lost two of their three La Liga outings to Real Sociedad and, recently, Valladolid last Saturday.
"After the match in Valladolid I said we made mistakes but under different circumstances - because all our defeats this season have been different. There's not a specific reason for us being inconsistent," Martino told uefa.com.
"We need to be more consistent at this stage of the season to maintain our chances of winning all three competitions [Liga, Copa del Rey and UEFA Champions League]."
"We have talked a lot individually and as a group, but this is a different competition, we have a positive result behind us and we played well in Manchester."
Meanwhile, City assistant manager, Rubén Cousillas, will oversee the proceedings in lieu of Manuel Pellegrini, who will be serving a suspension.
The second-in-command hopes that his squad will be able to forget the pain of elimination from the FA Cup in the hands of Wigan on Monday, and focus on their upcoming clash, hoping to overturn the tide away from home.
"All clubs go through tough times at some point in the season, but I don't think that will be a determining factor tomorrow," said Cousillas.
"We had a big sense of frustration because we wanted to be back at Wembley and win another cup, but Wigan surprised us. We have turned the page and we have experienced and quality players, which means we are more united than ever and we have forgotten everything in preparation for tomorrow."
"The decisions are taken by [Manuel] Pellegrini. I have worked with him for 13 years and I know what he wants. Tomorrow he can't be on the bench [because of suspension] so it's up to me to make substitutions, etc."
Barcelona (4-3-3) - Valdes; Alba, Alves, Pique, Puyol; Fabregas, Xavi, Busquets; Pedro, Sanchez, Messi
City (4-4-2) - Hart; Kolarov, Zabaleta, Lescott, Kompany; Silva, Nasri, Fernandinho, Toure; Dzeko, Aguero
Schedule and Live Streaming Information (Click on "click here" for online links):
March 13, 2014, 5:45 am (Australian EST)
U.S. [click here]
UK [click here]
Canada [click here]
Latin America [click here]
Middle East [click here]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 US Open: Down Goes Maria Sharapova, BF Grigor Dimitrov Advances
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase