'Fifty Shades of Grey' Inside Scoops: From Blonde to Brunette; Things to Know About Dakota Johnson
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 12, 2014 6:09 PM EST
"I'm really a normal person," Dakota Johnson said in a magazine interview. From blonde to brunette, the "Fifty Shades of Grey" beauty admitted to some of the things the fans are dying to scoop in.
American actress Dakota Johnson has described Fifty Shades of Grey as "an incredible love story." Here seen with her mother Melanie Griffith
Since Fifty Shades of Grey author and former TV executive E. L. James announced in September 2013 on Twitter that Dakota Johnson would be playing the role of Anastasia Steele in the film adaptation, the world fell into all sorts of conflicting emotions. Some were positive, while some were negative.
Dakota Johnson is daughter to "Working Girl" star Melanie Griffith and "Miami Vice" actor Don Johnson. Griffith and Johnson had a divorce, and "Desperado" star Antonio Banderas became Johnson's stepfather.
The 24-year-old actress had her first film debut in "Crazy in Alabama" in 1999, which was directed by Banderas himself, but according to IMDb, the film was not a hit. Johnson had to go back to school before she came out again in 2006 when she was voted Miss Golden Globe.
Griffith was Miss Golden Globe in 1975, which made Johnson the first second-generation Miss Golden Globe. Johnson, then, continued her career as a professional fashion model.
Johnson had not appeared in many mainstream films. So far, Fifty Shades of Grey will be her biggest movie to boot. The young star talked of Anastasia Steele as if she was already fully embodying the erotic novel's main character. Johnson thought that Steele was a real girl, goofy, smart and pretty normal.
"I have no idea how it's going to go," Johnson told Elle magazine with regards to Fifty Shades. "I plan on handling it gracefully, to live my life as close as I can to how I do now."
In short, Johnson was planning to live life as normal as it can possibly be. Fans, however, believe that normal would be an understatement. Johnson's character in the film was in no way normal and even Johnson had to agree with that.
"I wasn't very invested at first . . . . The material was intense, and I've never done anything like that before," Johnson revealed in the interview.
Johnson, however, also revealed that she wasn't endowed in the movie at first because she was a little scared of it, which told the actress/model that it was something she should really do.
Still, the world is not going to give in that easily. Several reactions on Twitter indicated that not everyone is hyped up to watch Johnson as Anastasia Steele.
@E_L_James please tell us it was a joke! :(
— VP Carmen L Alvarado (@CarmenLucia6818) Sept. 2, 2013
Johnson shared to Elle that there was an incident when Melanie Griffith called someone a b--ch on Twitter.
"My mom is just the most loving person," Dakota Johnson shared.
Despite the negative reactions on Twitter, Johnson has her parents to back her up. More judgment for Johnson had to wait until Fifty Shades of Grey premieres in February 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories