'Fifty Shades of Grey' Inside Scoops: From Blonde to Brunette; Things to Know About Dakota Johnson
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 12, 2014 6:09 PM EST
"I'm really a normal person," Dakota Johnson said in a magazine interview. From blonde to brunette, the "Fifty Shades of Grey" beauty admitted to some of the things the fans are dying to scoop in.
American actress Dakota Johnson has described Fifty Shades of Grey as "an incredible love story." Here seen with her mother Melanie Griffith
Since Fifty Shades of Grey author and former TV executive E. L. James announced in September 2013 on Twitter that Dakota Johnson would be playing the role of Anastasia Steele in the film adaptation, the world fell into all sorts of conflicting emotions. Some were positive, while some were negative.
Dakota Johnson is daughter to "Working Girl" star Melanie Griffith and "Miami Vice" actor Don Johnson. Griffith and Johnson had a divorce, and "Desperado" star Antonio Banderas became Johnson's stepfather.
The 24-year-old actress had her first film debut in "Crazy in Alabama" in 1999, which was directed by Banderas himself, but according to IMDb, the film was not a hit. Johnson had to go back to school before she came out again in 2006 when she was voted Miss Golden Globe.
Griffith was Miss Golden Globe in 1975, which made Johnson the first second-generation Miss Golden Globe. Johnson, then, continued her career as a professional fashion model.
Johnson had not appeared in many mainstream films. So far, Fifty Shades of Grey will be her biggest movie to boot. The young star talked of Anastasia Steele as if she was already fully embodying the erotic novel's main character. Johnson thought that Steele was a real girl, goofy, smart and pretty normal.
"I have no idea how it's going to go," Johnson told Elle magazine with regards to Fifty Shades. "I plan on handling it gracefully, to live my life as close as I can to how I do now."
In short, Johnson was planning to live life as normal as it can possibly be. Fans, however, believe that normal would be an understatement. Johnson's character in the film was in no way normal and even Johnson had to agree with that.
"I wasn't very invested at first . . . . The material was intense, and I've never done anything like that before," Johnson revealed in the interview.
Johnson, however, also revealed that she wasn't endowed in the movie at first because she was a little scared of it, which told the actress/model that it was something she should really do.
Still, the world is not going to give in that easily. Several reactions on Twitter indicated that not everyone is hyped up to watch Johnson as Anastasia Steele.
@E_L_James please tell us it was a joke! :(
— VP Carmen L Alvarado (@CarmenLucia6818) Sept. 2, 2013
Johnson shared to Elle that there was an incident when Melanie Griffith called someone a b--ch on Twitter.
"My mom is just the most loving person," Dakota Johnson shared.
Despite the negative reactions on Twitter, Johnson has her parents to back her up. More judgment for Johnson had to wait until Fifty Shades of Grey premieres in February 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Endangered Characters On ‘The Winds of Winter’: Tyrion Lannister, Theon Greyjoy & Jon Snow
- Justin Bieber Was Not A Very Good Host For 'Saturday Night Live,' Cast Members Tell All In A Book
- 'True Love,' Jennifer Lopez Book - Everything To Know About The First Ever Book By The Latin Artist
- A Bookless Digital Library Hums With Knowledge
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza