Meera Chopra Slams Parineeti's Remarks as 'Stupid', Calls Priyanka Close
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 12, 2014 6:09 PM EST
Actress Meera Chopra has refuted rumours of tension with Cousin Priyanka Chopra and instead lashed out at Parineeti Chopra for her prior comments.
Meera Chopra at shooting of "Gangs of Ghosts"
The war between the Chopra cousins have long been in news as alleged discomfort between Meera and her two famous cousins, Priyanka and Parineeti circulated right from the time of signing her first Bollywood movie, "Gang of Ghosts."
The rumours of the rift between the newbie and her cousins cemented as the "Ishaaqzaade" actress infamously stated at an earlier occasion that Meera was not her cousin.
"Meera is not my cousin. She is a cousin's cousin's cousin. We don't even meet and talk. So she is not really my family," Parineeti had told Hindutan Times.
In response to the comment, Meera has now lashed out saying, "When Parineeti talks like that... I think it is stupid... Why would you talk like that. It doesn't disturb me as I don't have any emotional connect with her. I don't remember the time spent with her," reported PTI.
"We all have been brought up together 20 years ago. We used to stay together. All brothers were close to each other before they split and brought up in different cities. Parineeti is young, Priyanka and I are of same age...We are close," explained the actress further.
Priyanka was recently seen making amends with her distant cousin as she promoted her "Gang of Ghosts" on social media and termed her as sister. In return, the 30-year-old had showered praises on the "Gunday" actress, but completely avoided the "Hassse Toh Phasee" actress.
"Priyanka is the only superstar in the family and she will always be the only one. I have her unconditional support. She is a girl with a golden heart and I am lucky to have her as family," the actress had told Mid Day.
By the looks of it, now Meera and Parineeti appear to be the warring heads in the family and a timely intervention by the elder sister aka Priyanka is the need of the hour.
(Edited by Anu James)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Actor Charlie Hunnam Gushes Over Co-star Maggie Siff, Says He Is Most Proud of Jax, Tara's Relationship [VIDEO}
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October