Meera Chopra Slams Parineeti's Remarks as 'Stupid', Calls Priyanka Close
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 12, 2014 6:09 PM EST
Actress Meera Chopra has refuted rumours of tension with Cousin Priyanka Chopra and instead lashed out at Parineeti Chopra for her prior comments.
Meera Chopra at shooting of "Gangs of Ghosts"
The war between the Chopra cousins have long been in news as alleged discomfort between Meera and her two famous cousins, Priyanka and Parineeti circulated right from the time of signing her first Bollywood movie, "Gang of Ghosts."
The rumours of the rift between the newbie and her cousins cemented as the "Ishaaqzaade" actress infamously stated at an earlier occasion that Meera was not her cousin.
"Meera is not my cousin. She is a cousin's cousin's cousin. We don't even meet and talk. So she is not really my family," Parineeti had told Hindutan Times.
In response to the comment, Meera has now lashed out saying, "When Parineeti talks like that... I think it is stupid... Why would you talk like that. It doesn't disturb me as I don't have any emotional connect with her. I don't remember the time spent with her," reported PTI.
"We all have been brought up together 20 years ago. We used to stay together. All brothers were close to each other before they split and brought up in different cities. Parineeti is young, Priyanka and I are of same age...We are close," explained the actress further.
Priyanka was recently seen making amends with her distant cousin as she promoted her "Gang of Ghosts" on social media and termed her as sister. In return, the 30-year-old had showered praises on the "Gunday" actress, but completely avoided the "Hassse Toh Phasee" actress.
"Priyanka is the only superstar in the family and she will always be the only one. I have her unconditional support. She is a girl with a golden heart and I am lucky to have her as family," the actress had told Mid Day.
By the looks of it, now Meera and Parineeti appear to be the warring heads in the family and a timely intervention by the elder sister aka Priyanka is the need of the hour.
(Edited by Anu James)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James