Meera Chopra Slams Parineeti's Remarks as 'Stupid', Calls Priyanka Close
By Arijita Bhowmik | March 12, 2014 6:09 PM EST
Actress Meera Chopra has refuted rumours of tension with Cousin Priyanka Chopra and instead lashed out at Parineeti Chopra for her prior comments.
Meera Chopra at shooting of "Gangs of Ghosts"
The war between the Chopra cousins have long been in news as alleged discomfort between Meera and her two famous cousins, Priyanka and Parineeti circulated right from the time of signing her first Bollywood movie, "Gang of Ghosts."
The rumours of the rift between the newbie and her cousins cemented as the "Ishaaqzaade" actress infamously stated at an earlier occasion that Meera was not her cousin.
"Meera is not my cousin. She is a cousin's cousin's cousin. We don't even meet and talk. So she is not really my family," Parineeti had told Hindutan Times.
In response to the comment, Meera has now lashed out saying, "When Parineeti talks like that... I think it is stupid... Why would you talk like that. It doesn't disturb me as I don't have any emotional connect with her. I don't remember the time spent with her," reported PTI.
"We all have been brought up together 20 years ago. We used to stay together. All brothers were close to each other before they split and brought up in different cities. Parineeti is young, Priyanka and I are of same age...We are close," explained the actress further.
Priyanka was recently seen making amends with her distant cousin as she promoted her "Gang of Ghosts" on social media and termed her as sister. In return, the 30-year-old had showered praises on the "Gunday" actress, but completely avoided the "Hassse Toh Phasee" actress.
"Priyanka is the only superstar in the family and she will always be the only one. I have her unconditional support. She is a girl with a golden heart and I am lucky to have her as family," the actress had told Mid Day.
By the looks of it, now Meera and Parineeti appear to be the warring heads in the family and a timely intervention by the elder sister aka Priyanka is the need of the hour.
(Edited by Anu James)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install