Australia Ready to Face T20 World Cup
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 12, 2014 6:01 PM EST
The right-handed batsman and fast medium bowler, Shane Watson, said, "This is the best squad we've ever assembled in Twenty20 cricket.
"We've got the most balanced side and balanced (national T20) squad I've ever been involved in.
"We really do have firepower in our batting order, all the way down to No.10.
"We've got high-quality opening bowlers, death bowlers and spinners.
"We have versatility. In all conditions, against any opposition we can match up really well.
"Twenty20 cricket is fickle, but if you have a lot of match-winners in your team you've got more of a chance of it being someone's day."
Darren Lehman, who coached Deccan Chargers of Indian Premier League (IPL) and Brisbane Heat, is appointed coach for the T20 series.
Watson also stated the importance of practice for the squad. He said, "The more cricket you play as a group, the better prepared you are going to be heading into such a big tournament."
Even with the T20 series getting washed out by rain in South Africa, Watson further stated, it won't be a major issue to face the coming series.
"It certainly won't affect our World Cup preparation too much," he said.
"We've got a couple of practice matches in Bangladesh.
"If we do have a week off it'll actually be more a chance to freshen bodies up and really make sure we're ready to go."
With the rise of T20, Cricket Australia is putting more attention to the new format to develop a formidable squad competing in the upcoming series.
The strong lineup of Australia does have good chance this time to win the cup. All we have to wait for the series to start and see where Aussies stands.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate