2014 Formula One Grand Prix: Final Review
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 12, 2014 5:34 PM EST
This is the 30th Formula One championship of the Australian Grand Prix. It is also the 19th consecutive year the race has been held at Alberta Park and 17th time Formula One season opener took place in the country.
Alberta Park is basically a temporary circuit with parts of the track used for road traffic most of the time. The circuit offers superb high-grip evolution, and as the track "rubbers-in," it leads to failing lap times over the course of the season.
Earlier, from 1985-1995, the Formula One season was hosted at Adelaide. Later from the year 1996, the race was shifted to Alberta Park.
Formidable Formula One star Michael Schumacher holds the record for the highest number of victories in Australian Grand Prix with four titles.
Jenson Button grabbed the winning title for three times in the last five years. He finished at the sixth position in 2011 and ninth in 2013.In the last year of the Australian Grand Prix, Kimi Raikkonen ended up with a victory by banking on the two-stop strategy.
Raikkonen completed the last 24 laps without changing tyre and crossed the finish line in 12.4 seconds with Fernando Alonso at the back in the second position and Sebastian Vettel from Red Bull on third position reaching the final line in 22.3 seconds. This year, Raikkonen is back again with Ferrari.
The Round 2 match in the world championship is the Malaysian Grand Prix in Kuala Lumpur on March 30.
The following are the list of competitors for 2014 F1 season:
#1 Sebastian Vettel (Heppenheim, Germ) Red Bull Racing-Renault
#3 Daniel Ricciardo (Perth, Australia) Red Bull Racing-Renault
#4 Jules Bianchi (Nice, France) Marussia-Ferrari
#6 Nico Rosberg (Wiesbaden, Germany) Mercedes
#7 Kimi Raikkonen (Espoo, Finland) Ferrari
#8 Romain Grosjean (Geneva,Switzerland) Lotus-Renault
#9 Marcus Ericsson (Kumla, Sweden) Caterham-Renault
#10 Kamui Kobayashi (Hyogo, Japan) Caterham-Renault
#13 Pastor Maldonado (Maracay,Venezuela) Lotus-Renault
#14 Fernando Alonso (Oviedo, Spain) Ferrari
#17 Jules Bianchi (Nice, France) Marussia-Ferrari
#19 Felipe Massa (Sao Paulo, Brazil) Williams-Mercedes
#20 Kevin Magnussen (Roskilde, Denmark) McLaren-Mercedes
#21 Esteban Gutierrez (Monterrey, Mexico Sauber-Ferrari
#22 Jenson Button (Frome, England) McLaren-Mercedes
#25 Jean-Eric Vergne (Pontoise, France) Toro Rosso-Renault
#26 Daniil Kvyat (Bashkortostan, Russia) Toro Rosso-Renault
#44 Lewis Hamilton (Stevenage, England) Mercedes
#77 Valtteri Bottas (Nastola, Finland) Williams-Mercedes
#99 Adrian Sutil (Starnberg, Germany) Sauber-Ferrari
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments