2014 Formula One Grand Prix: Final Review
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 12, 2014 5:34 PM EST
This is the 30th Formula One championship of the Australian Grand Prix. It is also the 19th consecutive year the race has been held at Alberta Park and 17th time Formula One season opener took place in the country.
Alberta Park is basically a temporary circuit with parts of the track used for road traffic most of the time. The circuit offers superb high-grip evolution, and as the track "rubbers-in," it leads to failing lap times over the course of the season.
Earlier, from 1985-1995, the Formula One season was hosted at Adelaide. Later from the year 1996, the race was shifted to Alberta Park.
Formidable Formula One star Michael Schumacher holds the record for the highest number of victories in Australian Grand Prix with four titles.
Jenson Button grabbed the winning title for three times in the last five years. He finished at the sixth position in 2011 and ninth in 2013.In the last year of the Australian Grand Prix, Kimi Raikkonen ended up with a victory by banking on the two-stop strategy.
Raikkonen completed the last 24 laps without changing tyre and crossed the finish line in 12.4 seconds with Fernando Alonso at the back in the second position and Sebastian Vettel from Red Bull on third position reaching the final line in 22.3 seconds. This year, Raikkonen is back again with Ferrari.
The Round 2 match in the world championship is the Malaysian Grand Prix in Kuala Lumpur on March 30.
The following are the list of competitors for 2014 F1 season:
#1 Sebastian Vettel (Heppenheim, Germ) Red Bull Racing-Renault
#3 Daniel Ricciardo (Perth, Australia) Red Bull Racing-Renault
#4 Jules Bianchi (Nice, France) Marussia-Ferrari
#6 Nico Rosberg (Wiesbaden, Germany) Mercedes
#7 Kimi Raikkonen (Espoo, Finland) Ferrari
#8 Romain Grosjean (Geneva,Switzerland) Lotus-Renault
#9 Marcus Ericsson (Kumla, Sweden) Caterham-Renault
#10 Kamui Kobayashi (Hyogo, Japan) Caterham-Renault
#13 Pastor Maldonado (Maracay,Venezuela) Lotus-Renault
#14 Fernando Alonso (Oviedo, Spain) Ferrari
#17 Jules Bianchi (Nice, France) Marussia-Ferrari
#19 Felipe Massa (Sao Paulo, Brazil) Williams-Mercedes
#20 Kevin Magnussen (Roskilde, Denmark) McLaren-Mercedes
#21 Esteban Gutierrez (Monterrey, Mexico Sauber-Ferrari
#22 Jenson Button (Frome, England) McLaren-Mercedes
#25 Jean-Eric Vergne (Pontoise, France) Toro Rosso-Renault
#26 Daniil Kvyat (Bashkortostan, Russia) Toro Rosso-Renault
#44 Lewis Hamilton (Stevenage, England) Mercedes
#77 Valtteri Bottas (Nastola, Finland) Williams-Mercedes
#99 Adrian Sutil (Starnberg, Germany) Sauber-Ferrari
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6