Ryan Harris Sidelined
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 12, 2014 5:29 PM EST
After a successful tour against South Africa, Australian paceman Ryan Harris is likely to get sidelined for a long stint of time, because of his injury. He is likely to miss the upcoming test series with the Proteas in October.
Harris underwent surgery on his right knee in Melbourne on Tuesday and there are strong doubts over his availability in the next seven months.
Australian cricket team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said, "Ryan underwent surgery yesterday on his right knee, which included a clean out of some loose bits of bone and removing bone spurs within the joint."
"Ryan will be on crutches for a few weeks and we expect a long rehabilitation period. Hopefully for Ryan he will be fit to play in the Test series against Pakistan later in the year but we will continue to assess his progress over the period."
Harris, 34, having his test debut four years back is one important member of the Australian cricket squad. The operation was performed with an intention to prolong his career.
Having injured time and again in his career, Harris gave an impressive performance in the last 12 test matches. Though he will be in hiatus for a long stint of time, he will have the option to cherish the last test match with South Africa, getting final two wickets to give Australia victory over the No.1 test team.
A formidable right-arm fast bowler, Ryan Harris made his test debut in year 2010 and ODI debut in the year 2009, against South Africa. Ryan Harris was also a part of Indian Premier League (IPL). He was a part of Deccan Chargers squad in the year 2009. Later, in the year 2011, he joined Kings XI Punjab squad.
Measuring the current situation, it can be expected that Harris will be ready to join the squad for a two-match series against Pakistan in the month of October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales