Ryan Harris Sidelined
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 12, 2014 5:29 PM EST
After a successful tour against South Africa, Australian paceman Ryan Harris is likely to get sidelined for a long stint of time, because of his injury. He is likely to miss the upcoming test series with the Proteas in October.
Harris underwent surgery on his right knee in Melbourne on Tuesday and there are strong doubts over his availability in the next seven months.
Australian cricket team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said, "Ryan underwent surgery yesterday on his right knee, which included a clean out of some loose bits of bone and removing bone spurs within the joint."
"Ryan will be on crutches for a few weeks and we expect a long rehabilitation period. Hopefully for Ryan he will be fit to play in the Test series against Pakistan later in the year but we will continue to assess his progress over the period."
Harris, 34, having his test debut four years back is one important member of the Australian cricket squad. The operation was performed with an intention to prolong his career.
Having injured time and again in his career, Harris gave an impressive performance in the last 12 test matches. Though he will be in hiatus for a long stint of time, he will have the option to cherish the last test match with South Africa, getting final two wickets to give Australia victory over the No.1 test team.
A formidable right-arm fast bowler, Ryan Harris made his test debut in year 2010 and ODI debut in the year 2009, against South Africa. Ryan Harris was also a part of Indian Premier League (IPL). He was a part of Deccan Chargers squad in the year 2009. Later, in the year 2011, he joined Kings XI Punjab squad.
Measuring the current situation, it can be expected that Harris will be ready to join the squad for a two-match series against Pakistan in the month of October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related