Ryan Harris Sidelined
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 12, 2014 5:29 PM EST
After a successful tour against South Africa, Australian paceman Ryan Harris is likely to get sidelined for a long stint of time, because of his injury. He is likely to miss the upcoming test series with the Proteas in October.
Harris underwent surgery on his right knee in Melbourne on Tuesday and there are strong doubts over his availability in the next seven months.
Australian cricket team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said, "Ryan underwent surgery yesterday on his right knee, which included a clean out of some loose bits of bone and removing bone spurs within the joint."
"Ryan will be on crutches for a few weeks and we expect a long rehabilitation period. Hopefully for Ryan he will be fit to play in the Test series against Pakistan later in the year but we will continue to assess his progress over the period."
Harris, 34, having his test debut four years back is one important member of the Australian cricket squad. The operation was performed with an intention to prolong his career.
Having injured time and again in his career, Harris gave an impressive performance in the last 12 test matches. Though he will be in hiatus for a long stint of time, he will have the option to cherish the last test match with South Africa, getting final two wickets to give Australia victory over the No.1 test team.
A formidable right-arm fast bowler, Ryan Harris made his test debut in year 2010 and ODI debut in the year 2009, against South Africa. Ryan Harris was also a part of Indian Premier League (IPL). He was a part of Deccan Chargers squad in the year 2009. Later, in the year 2011, he joined Kings XI Punjab squad.
Measuring the current situation, it can be expected that Harris will be ready to join the squad for a two-match series against Pakistan in the month of October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight