Ryan Harris Sidelined
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 12, 2014 5:29 PM EST
After a successful tour against South Africa, Australian paceman Ryan Harris is likely to get sidelined for a long stint of time, because of his injury. He is likely to miss the upcoming test series with the Proteas in October.
Harris underwent surgery on his right knee in Melbourne on Tuesday and there are strong doubts over his availability in the next seven months.
Australian cricket team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said, "Ryan underwent surgery yesterday on his right knee, which included a clean out of some loose bits of bone and removing bone spurs within the joint."
"Ryan will be on crutches for a few weeks and we expect a long rehabilitation period. Hopefully for Ryan he will be fit to play in the Test series against Pakistan later in the year but we will continue to assess his progress over the period."
Harris, 34, having his test debut four years back is one important member of the Australian cricket squad. The operation was performed with an intention to prolong his career.
Having injured time and again in his career, Harris gave an impressive performance in the last 12 test matches. Though he will be in hiatus for a long stint of time, he will have the option to cherish the last test match with South Africa, getting final two wickets to give Australia victory over the No.1 test team.
A formidable right-arm fast bowler, Ryan Harris made his test debut in year 2010 and ODI debut in the year 2009, against South Africa. Ryan Harris was also a part of Indian Premier League (IPL). He was a part of Deccan Chargers squad in the year 2009. Later, in the year 2011, he joined Kings XI Punjab squad.
Measuring the current situation, it can be expected that Harris will be ready to join the squad for a two-match series against Pakistan in the month of October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money