Ryan Harris Sidelined
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 12, 2014 5:29 PM EST
After a successful tour against South Africa, Australian paceman Ryan Harris is likely to get sidelined for a long stint of time, because of his injury. He is likely to miss the upcoming test series with the Proteas in October.
Harris underwent surgery on his right knee in Melbourne on Tuesday and there are strong doubts over his availability in the next seven months.
Australian cricket team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said, "Ryan underwent surgery yesterday on his right knee, which included a clean out of some loose bits of bone and removing bone spurs within the joint."
"Ryan will be on crutches for a few weeks and we expect a long rehabilitation period. Hopefully for Ryan he will be fit to play in the Test series against Pakistan later in the year but we will continue to assess his progress over the period."
Harris, 34, having his test debut four years back is one important member of the Australian cricket squad. The operation was performed with an intention to prolong his career.
Having injured time and again in his career, Harris gave an impressive performance in the last 12 test matches. Though he will be in hiatus for a long stint of time, he will have the option to cherish the last test match with South Africa, getting final two wickets to give Australia victory over the No.1 test team.
A formidable right-arm fast bowler, Ryan Harris made his test debut in year 2010 and ODI debut in the year 2009, against South Africa. Ryan Harris was also a part of Indian Premier League (IPL). He was a part of Deccan Chargers squad in the year 2009. Later, in the year 2011, he joined Kings XI Punjab squad.
Measuring the current situation, it can be expected that Harris will be ready to join the squad for a two-match series against Pakistan in the month of October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier