Android 'Jelly Bean' Dominates Android Smartphones: Tips And Tricks For Jelly Bean Users
By Pavithra Rathinavel | March 12, 2014 5:08 PM EST
Android KitKat 4.4 OS has reached only a modest 2.5 percent of devices, which is an increase of 0.7 percent since February.
But it is Android Jelly Bean that continues to dominate Android smartphones, according to Motoring Crunch. Also, the adoption rate of Jelly bean moved to 62 percent from 60.7 percent at the start of March.
Here are five interesting tips and tricks to fully use the potential of Jelly bean. Android Jelly Bean is known for its faster rendering of the device. There are quite a lot of stuffs one can do to improve the smartphone experience. Below is a consolidated and filtered list of tips and tricks from TechRadar, Udemy and TechnoGiants.
1. 'Contact Information Display' on the Locked Screen
Android users can display their contact information on the lockscreen. This feature is really helpful when you lose your smartphone, and the good Samaritan who sees the unattended phone will be welcomed with your contact data on the locked screen. With this handy option, the probability of you getting your phone back increases.
2. Text as a Response to a Phone Call
This is a very convenient feature, especially when you are too busy to attend an incoming call, yet you will not want ignore that call. You can use the text response function to send a text message to the caller. In most Samsung devices, when a call comes, all you have to do is to slide the answer call button up, rather than to the left or to the right. This will pop up a snippet of text message options. You can choose one of them to notify the caller that you're busy. You are also given the option of custom text message.
3. Restricted Profiles
With Jelly Bean, one can create separate profiles for guests or other users. Through this, one can restrict the access to your personal data from public's view. This feature comes handy, especially when having kids around the house constantly meddling with the phone. You can restrict apps and personal data.You can also block access to Google Play Store to avoid inadvertent downloads by kids.
4. Inverted Rendering
This is a killer option for voracious readers and regular users alike. The "inverted rendering" feature will make the page black and turn the text white as default. Ultimately, it sets the background to the "basics." The advantage includes saving battery life and protecting eyes by reducing the phone brightness.
5. Crucial Battery Life
What is a smartphone with no charge/power left in the battery? As the screens, icons and images grow bigger and better, the battery life is also drained. Even the ringtone level and the buzzing app opening sounds at the background can fizzle out the battery. To counter the battery drain, the straightforward answer is to lower the brightness setting.
Also when you are on a roaming mode or in a remote location, you can switch off the Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and 3G / 4G network as they tend to eat up battery life faster.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists