Kym Valentine Is Returning To ‘Neighbours’ For Kennedys’ Anniversary Special
By Anne Lu | March 12, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Kym Valentine is returning to “Neighbours” despite suing the show’s producers in 2013. The 36-year-old actor, who is best known for her role as Libby Kennedy in the soap opera, will be back for a three-week guest arc.
Valentine sued FremantleMedia Australia for sex and disability discrimination in July. She claimed in her lawsuit that the company failed to provide a “working environment that was safe,” and that it breached “the relationship of trust and confidence.”
She was seeking compensation for lost wages and for the “pain, hurt, suffering, and humiliation” that she had endured from the producers.
The parties have reached confidential settlement, though, in November. And it seems like everything has been totally forgiven because Valentine is coming back to play the role that made her a household name.
“We had a difference of opinion in relation to Kym’s engagement which has now been amicably resolved. We are all looking forward to Libby Kennedy’s return to Ramsay St in a special guest appearance,” a spokesperson for FreemantleMedia told TV Tonight.
“I’m really looking forward to catching up with old friends at Neighbours as well as getting to know many of the new cast. Playing Libby was a very important part of my life and I can’t wait to reintroduce audiences to her,” Valentine said.
Her guest appearance is part of the plotline celebrating 20 years of the Kennedys on Ramsay Street. Joining Valentine is Felix Mallard, who plays Libby’s son Ben.
Also reprising their roles are Matt Werkmeister and Lucinda Armstrong-Hall as Zeke Kinski and Holly Hoyland respectively.
Valentine played Libby Kennedy, daughter of Karl and Susan Kennedy (Alan Fletcher and Jackie Woodburne) from 1994 to 2004, and again from 2007 to 2009 when she was forced to take a leave of absence after being diagnosed with pneumonia and a collapsed lung.
She had to leave the show again briefly in 2010 due to ill health, but came back in January 2011. However, after a few months, she took indefinite leave to focus on her recuperation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique