Katie Holmes Coming Back on TV: New Show Another Cult Favorite Like 'Dawson's Creek?' [Video]
By Annie Dee | March 12, 2014 3:52 PM EST
After more than a decade, Katie Holmes might become a mainstay in the television again. The 35-year old has been casted in a new ABC pilot, even though currently still untitled. The new pilot is an offering from "Behind the Candelabra" writer.
Television has kickstarted Holmes career, in her down-to-earth role as Joey Potter in "Dawson Creek." After more than ten years, Joey Potter fans can rejoice in seeing Holmes back on TV again, this time in a "high society drama," as described by US Weekly and as a "a well-bred and educated woman who runs a philanthropic foundation with her husband." Ann's perfect marriage will be rocked and destroyed by the scheming Upper East Side couple, Philip and Margot. This role is certainly up on Katie Holmes alley, which in real life, is the mother of 7 year old Suri Cruise and has no shortage of marriage troubles while living the high society life.
Her high profile marriage to husband of almost six years, Tom Cruise ended in June 2012. Earlier this year, Katie Holmes has been reported to have split from her already five-year Holmes and Yang fashion line partnership with famous stylist Jeanne Yang, also reported by US Weekly. The duo split because allegedly, Yang was the one who leaked information about Holmes and Cruise after their divorce. Such interpersonal conflict cannot be good for business, let alone a solid friendship so they parted ways.
Though she has appeared on and off on peoples' television over the years, in shows such as "Eli Stone," "How I Met Your Mother," as well as the "Kennedys," it is certainly good news for Holmes' fans to know that she now has a recurring TV role, at least if the yet to be named pilot gets picked up.
While the pilot is still waiting to be picked up, fans can just wait for Holmes to appear in the big screen for the film adaptation of "The Giver" as the main character Jonas' mom. The movie is set to come out August 2014.
If you want to know or remember what it felt like seeing Katie Holmes regularly on TV and why "Dawson Creek" was really big, here is a video clip to help you:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet