Katie Holmes Coming Back on TV: New Show Another Cult Favorite Like 'Dawson's Creek?' [Video]
By Annie Dee | March 12, 2014 3:52 PM EST
After more than a decade, Katie Holmes might become a mainstay in the television again. The 35-year old has been casted in a new ABC pilot, even though currently still untitled. The new pilot is an offering from "Behind the Candelabra" writer.
Television has kickstarted Holmes career, in her down-to-earth role as Joey Potter in "Dawson Creek." After more than ten years, Joey Potter fans can rejoice in seeing Holmes back on TV again, this time in a "high society drama," as described by US Weekly and as a "a well-bred and educated woman who runs a philanthropic foundation with her husband." Ann's perfect marriage will be rocked and destroyed by the scheming Upper East Side couple, Philip and Margot. This role is certainly up on Katie Holmes alley, which in real life, is the mother of 7 year old Suri Cruise and has no shortage of marriage troubles while living the high society life.
Her high profile marriage to husband of almost six years, Tom Cruise ended in June 2012. Earlier this year, Katie Holmes has been reported to have split from her already five-year Holmes and Yang fashion line partnership with famous stylist Jeanne Yang, also reported by US Weekly. The duo split because allegedly, Yang was the one who leaked information about Holmes and Cruise after their divorce. Such interpersonal conflict cannot be good for business, let alone a solid friendship so they parted ways.
Though she has appeared on and off on peoples' television over the years, in shows such as "Eli Stone," "How I Met Your Mother," as well as the "Kennedys," it is certainly good news for Holmes' fans to know that she now has a recurring TV role, at least if the yet to be named pilot gets picked up.
While the pilot is still waiting to be picked up, fans can just wait for Holmes to appear in the big screen for the film adaptation of "The Giver" as the main character Jonas' mom. The movie is set to come out August 2014.
If you want to know or remember what it felt like seeing Katie Holmes regularly on TV and why "Dawson Creek" was really big, here is a video clip to help you:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: The Woman Behind ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef