Katie Holmes Coming Back on TV: New Show Another Cult Favorite Like 'Dawson's Creek?' [Video]
By Annie Dee | March 12, 2014 3:52 PM EST
After more than a decade, Katie Holmes might become a mainstay in the television again. The 35-year old has been casted in a new ABC pilot, even though currently still untitled. The new pilot is an offering from "Behind the Candelabra" writer.
Television has kickstarted Holmes career, in her down-to-earth role as Joey Potter in "Dawson Creek." After more than ten years, Joey Potter fans can rejoice in seeing Holmes back on TV again, this time in a "high society drama," as described by US Weekly and as a "a well-bred and educated woman who runs a philanthropic foundation with her husband." Ann's perfect marriage will be rocked and destroyed by the scheming Upper East Side couple, Philip and Margot. This role is certainly up on Katie Holmes alley, which in real life, is the mother of 7 year old Suri Cruise and has no shortage of marriage troubles while living the high society life.
Her high profile marriage to husband of almost six years, Tom Cruise ended in June 2012. Earlier this year, Katie Holmes has been reported to have split from her already five-year Holmes and Yang fashion line partnership with famous stylist Jeanne Yang, also reported by US Weekly. The duo split because allegedly, Yang was the one who leaked information about Holmes and Cruise after their divorce. Such interpersonal conflict cannot be good for business, let alone a solid friendship so they parted ways.
Though she has appeared on and off on peoples' television over the years, in shows such as "Eli Stone," "How I Met Your Mother," as well as the "Kennedys," it is certainly good news for Holmes' fans to know that she now has a recurring TV role, at least if the yet to be named pilot gets picked up.
While the pilot is still waiting to be picked up, fans can just wait for Holmes to appear in the big screen for the film adaptation of "The Giver" as the main character Jonas' mom. The movie is set to come out August 2014.
If you want to know or remember what it felt like seeing Katie Holmes regularly on TV and why "Dawson Creek" was really big, here is a video clip to help you:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On