Katie Holmes Coming Back on TV: New Show Another Cult Favorite Like 'Dawson's Creek?' [Video]
By Annie Dee | March 12, 2014 3:52 PM EST
After more than a decade, Katie Holmes might become a mainstay in the television again. The 35-year old has been casted in a new ABC pilot, even though currently still untitled. The new pilot is an offering from "Behind the Candelabra" writer.
Television has kickstarted Holmes career, in her down-to-earth role as Joey Potter in "Dawson Creek." After more than ten years, Joey Potter fans can rejoice in seeing Holmes back on TV again, this time in a "high society drama," as described by US Weekly and as a "a well-bred and educated woman who runs a philanthropic foundation with her husband." Ann's perfect marriage will be rocked and destroyed by the scheming Upper East Side couple, Philip and Margot. This role is certainly up on Katie Holmes alley, which in real life, is the mother of 7 year old Suri Cruise and has no shortage of marriage troubles while living the high society life.
Her high profile marriage to husband of almost six years, Tom Cruise ended in June 2012. Earlier this year, Katie Holmes has been reported to have split from her already five-year Holmes and Yang fashion line partnership with famous stylist Jeanne Yang, also reported by US Weekly. The duo split because allegedly, Yang was the one who leaked information about Holmes and Cruise after their divorce. Such interpersonal conflict cannot be good for business, let alone a solid friendship so they parted ways.
Though she has appeared on and off on peoples' television over the years, in shows such as "Eli Stone," "How I Met Your Mother," as well as the "Kennedys," it is certainly good news for Holmes' fans to know that she now has a recurring TV role, at least if the yet to be named pilot gets picked up.
While the pilot is still waiting to be picked up, fans can just wait for Holmes to appear in the big screen for the film adaptation of "The Giver" as the main character Jonas' mom. The movie is set to come out August 2014.
If you want to know or remember what it felt like seeing Katie Holmes regularly on TV and why "Dawson Creek" was really big, here is a video clip to help you:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2