Toddler Murdered Over MSN Chat
By Athena Yenko | March 12, 2014 3:35 PM EST
Ammaz Qureshi, 35, a British accountant, is facing trial for murdering a toddler over chat from 1,100 miles, The Telegraph reports.
While chatting with Yasmin Chaudhry, the toddler's mother, Mr Qureshi gave instruction for Ms Chaudhry to submerge her daughter in a bucket of water as a form of discipline, an Oslo District Court heard.
According to investigations, the murder took place in the morning of Oct 2010 when the toddler disrupted an online video chat between Mr Qureshi and Ms Chaudhry. Following his instructions, the mother plunged the toddler's head under water until the toddler lost consciousness.
Ms Chaudry then called emergency services under the pretence that the toddler drowned accidentally. The toddler died at the hospital. Mr Qureshi, married for seven years, began an illicit affair with Ms Chaudhry, from Oslo, when they met in London back in Feb 2010.
Their relationship continued via online chats when Ms Chaudhry went back to Oslo. Apparently, the two had been regularly subjecting the toddler to different forms of tortures whenever they chat. The torture went on for a six-month period. As always, Ms Chaudhry did what Mr Qureshi told her.
There were times when the toddler was forced to eat a spoon full of chilli powder, was gagged with adhesive tape, was given cold showers and was slapped in the face, the court heard.
"She was subjected to physical violence during disciplining. In the end, it went too far and she died. By submerging the girl in the bucket, they would have anticipated her death. She was a small, defenceless girl who was subjected to extensive abuse," Prosecutor Cecilie Schlosser Moller said during trial.
Both Mr Qureshi and Ms Chaudry pleaded not guilty to the murder. While Ms Chaudry admitted physically abusing the toddler, Mr Qureshi denied any participation whatsoever in the crime.
The trial continues and if found guilty, both will serve a 21-year jail time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports