Indian Politician’s Grandson Among Passengers in Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370, Family Awaits Disaster
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 12, 2014 2:47 PM EST
Update on March 24, 2014: Flight MH370 'crashed in south Indian Ocean' - Malaysia PM
There is an uncanny coincidence about one of the Canadians who travelled in the Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 and his grandfather, Muktesh Mukherjee, is an Indo-Canadian man, being one of the 239 passengers on board, disappeared mysteriously. Now, as we go inside the family history of Mr Mukherjee, we find a coincidence which may run chills through anyone's spine.
People have been apprehensive that the 42-year-old man, who was accompanied by his wife, 37-year-old wife Xiaomao Bai, on the flight, might have been killed as the plane is suspected to have crashed into the South China Sea on Saturday, March 8. The most interesting part of the story here is that Mr Mukherjee's grandfather, Mohan Kumaramangalam, too was killed in a plane crash in 1973, The Star reported.
Check out the image of Mr Mukherjee and his wife HERE.
Mr Kumaramangalam, whose full name was Surendra Mohan Kumaramangalam, used to be a member of Lok Sabha from Pondicherry, India. He was killed on May 30, 1973, when Indian Airlines Flight 440 crashed - according to the archive of The Evening Independent (June 1, 1973). Among several unidentifiable dead bodies, Mr Kumaramangalam's was identified by his hearing aid and pen. Mr Kumaramangalam got married to Kalyani Mukherjee, daughter of former Chief Minister of West Bengal, Ajoy Mukherjee. Their son too became a national minister later on.
Even though there is no confirmation yet that MH370 crashed, the optimism for any living soul in that flight is fast weakening as the search for the missing flight has reached its fifth day with no significant result. Mr Mukherjee, along with his wife, was going back home after a vacation in Vietnam. The Times of India quoted one of the family member of Mr Mukherjee that the family was apprehensive about a second near-identical disaster in the family.
According to the LinkedIn profile of Mr Mukherjee, he was the vice-president of China operations for Xcoal Energy. The Huffington Post Canada confirmed his designation with the CEO of the company.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Hotel Bikini Berlin’s Toilet Exposes Guests as They Do Their Thing
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Eighty Dead Bodies Still Scattered around MH17 Crash Site, Australia Says
- Haiti, a Destination Only for the Brave Ones
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools