Indian Politician’s Grandson Among Passengers in Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370, Family Awaits Disaster
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 12, 2014 2:47 PM EST
Update on March 24, 2014: Flight MH370 'crashed in south Indian Ocean' - Malaysia PM
There is an uncanny coincidence about one of the Canadians who travelled in the Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 and his grandfather, Muktesh Mukherjee, is an Indo-Canadian man, being one of the 239 passengers on board, disappeared mysteriously. Now, as we go inside the family history of Mr Mukherjee, we find a coincidence which may run chills through anyone's spine.
People have been apprehensive that the 42-year-old man, who was accompanied by his wife, 37-year-old wife Xiaomao Bai, on the flight, might have been killed as the plane is suspected to have crashed into the South China Sea on Saturday, March 8. The most interesting part of the story here is that Mr Mukherjee's grandfather, Mohan Kumaramangalam, too was killed in a plane crash in 1973, The Star reported.
Check out the image of Mr Mukherjee and his wife HERE.
Mr Kumaramangalam, whose full name was Surendra Mohan Kumaramangalam, used to be a member of Lok Sabha from Pondicherry, India. He was killed on May 30, 1973, when Indian Airlines Flight 440 crashed - according to the archive of The Evening Independent (June 1, 1973). Among several unidentifiable dead bodies, Mr Kumaramangalam's was identified by his hearing aid and pen. Mr Kumaramangalam got married to Kalyani Mukherjee, daughter of former Chief Minister of West Bengal, Ajoy Mukherjee. Their son too became a national minister later on.
Even though there is no confirmation yet that MH370 crashed, the optimism for any living soul in that flight is fast weakening as the search for the missing flight has reached its fifth day with no significant result. Mr Mukherjee, along with his wife, was going back home after a vacation in Vietnam. The Times of India quoted one of the family member of Mr Mukherjee that the family was apprehensive about a second near-identical disaster in the family.
According to the LinkedIn profile of Mr Mukherjee, he was the vice-president of China operations for Xcoal Energy. The Huffington Post Canada confirmed his designation with the CEO of the company.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Search Update: Conspiracy To Withhold Full Cargo Manifest Still Alight
- Asia Has World’s Best & Worst Airports 2014 [Complete Lists]
- World’s Worst Tourist Destinations
- MH370 Oct 23 Update: Public Reports Debris Washed Up In Australian Coastline
- Gwyneth Paltrow To Attend Tasmania’s Tourism Event
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop