Reasons That Hint a Premium Galaxy S5 is Coming Soon
By Karla Danica Figuerres | March 12, 2014 2:37 PM EST
Although Samsung Galaxy S5 is pretty solid, there are several reasons that point out that a possible premium Galaxy S5 is coming soon.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Many expect Samsung Galaxy S5 will appear with a 2K display with 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution, so when it came with similar display as Galaxy S4, it was disappointing.
It was no secret Samsung is investing in 2K displays and the Korean tech giant's roadmap said it will appear in 2014 devices. It would not be a surprise if Samsung will release a prime model Galaxy S5 with 2K display.
Samsung is working on both Exynos 6 and Exynos S/Exynos Infinity chipsets, which will be its first 64-bit chips. Although it appears Samsung can be beaten by its Android counterparts once it releases its 64-bit processing, the company doesn't plan to be left behind for too long.
Iris Scanners No Show Yet
The Korean tech giant already confirmed it is considering iris scanner for its future devices. Perhaps Samsung will incorporate the iris scanner on Galaxy Note 4 but the length of time between now and the possible release of Galaxy Note 4 makes the iris scanner be plausibly released with the premium Galaxy S5.
Metal Chassis Screams ''Premium''
Samsung already sourced a metal chassis manufacturer in Vietnam and it appears that it can be a little too expensive for Galaxy S5. If a premium Galaxy S5 is about to come soon, a more expensive chassis with a better display is expected to be bundled with a heftier price tag.
Some reasons point to a possible release of a premium Galaxy S5, according to the famous leakster Eldar Murtazin, Italian tweeter Ricciolo and ET News. Although mutually supportive rumors do not guarantee its validity, they paint a picture that begins to look more likely.
Thus far, a premium version of its current flagship smartphone sounds a suitable move for Samsung to boost its sales with this good market saturation tool.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles