SnarkFest: President Obama Gets It On with Zach Galifianakis on Between Two Ferns [Video]
By Annie Dee | March 12, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Who would have thought the President had in him? To be snarky, witty and funny on an online show with a wide following, that is. In an attempt to promote his healthcare plan among the younger Americans, the US President Obama appeared on Between Two Ferns, a spoof online show and bantered away with host and comedian Zach Galifianakis.
Known for its awkwardness and weirdness, the show has become somewhat akin to an Internet cult favourite. The show had already featured A-list actress Natalie Portman and even Justin Beiber, prior to all these chaos surrounding him now.
The episode where Obama appeared is posted on the Funny and Die Web site on Tuesday. The show lasted only for six minutes, but fans won't believe how funny and snarky Obama was in this short period of time. This is unlike any interview people will see the President in. The credit should also be given to the host Galifianakis, whose oddball questions cannot keep anyone straight-faced for so long, even the President.
Galifianakis opened the show with, "Sorry I had to cancel a few times. My mousepad broke last week and I had to get my great-aunt some diabetes shoes," and from there, Obama was treated with several weird questions that would have boggled anyone. But not the President.
Raising hard questions on hard topics such as North Korea, being the last Black President, running for the third time, and Kenya birth certificate issue, Obama was able to answer them all while getting in some comedic jabs on his own.
When asked about how he felt about not being able to run for a third term, Obama tells the actor: "If I ran a third time, it would sort of be like doing a third 'Hangover' movie. Didn't really work out very well, did it?"
Obama also gave high praises for Galifianakis's "Hangover" co-star Bradley Cooper. The host cannot take all these Bradley Cooper sitting down and replied, "Tall, handsome -- that's easy. Be short, fat and smell like Doritos and try to make it to Hollywood."
If the White house felt it had to defend President Obama on this mock interview, it must be worth a watch.
Watch the whole video here to appreciate President Obama in his wittiest (uh-oh).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop