SnarkFest: President Obama Gets It On with Zach Galifianakis on Between Two Ferns [Video]
By Annie Dee | March 12, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Who would have thought the President had in him? To be snarky, witty and funny on an online show with a wide following, that is. In an attempt to promote his healthcare plan among the younger Americans, the US President Obama appeared on Between Two Ferns, a spoof online show and bantered away with host and comedian Zach Galifianakis.
Known for its awkwardness and weirdness, the show has become somewhat akin to an Internet cult favourite. The show had already featured A-list actress Natalie Portman and even Justin Beiber, prior to all these chaos surrounding him now.
The episode where Obama appeared is posted on the Funny and Die Web site on Tuesday. The show lasted only for six minutes, but fans won't believe how funny and snarky Obama was in this short period of time. This is unlike any interview people will see the President in. The credit should also be given to the host Galifianakis, whose oddball questions cannot keep anyone straight-faced for so long, even the President.
Galifianakis opened the show with, "Sorry I had to cancel a few times. My mousepad broke last week and I had to get my great-aunt some diabetes shoes," and from there, Obama was treated with several weird questions that would have boggled anyone. But not the President.
Raising hard questions on hard topics such as North Korea, being the last Black President, running for the third time, and Kenya birth certificate issue, Obama was able to answer them all while getting in some comedic jabs on his own.
When asked about how he felt about not being able to run for a third term, Obama tells the actor: "If I ran a third time, it would sort of be like doing a third 'Hangover' movie. Didn't really work out very well, did it?"
Obama also gave high praises for Galifianakis's "Hangover" co-star Bradley Cooper. The host cannot take all these Bradley Cooper sitting down and replied, "Tall, handsome -- that's easy. Be short, fat and smell like Doritos and try to make it to Hollywood."
If the White house felt it had to defend President Obama on this mock interview, it must be worth a watch.
Watch the whole video here to appreciate President Obama in his wittiest (uh-oh).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 'Suits' RECAP Season 4 Episode 10 [Mid-Season Finale]: Louis Finds Out About Mike's Truth In This Is Rome [SPOILERS]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch