SnarkFest: President Obama Gets It On with Zach Galifianakis on Between Two Ferns [Video]
By Annie Dee | March 12, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Who would have thought the President had in him? To be snarky, witty and funny on an online show with a wide following, that is. In an attempt to promote his healthcare plan among the younger Americans, the US President Obama appeared on Between Two Ferns, a spoof online show and bantered away with host and comedian Zach Galifianakis.
Known for its awkwardness and weirdness, the show has become somewhat akin to an Internet cult favourite. The show had already featured A-list actress Natalie Portman and even Justin Beiber, prior to all these chaos surrounding him now.
The episode where Obama appeared is posted on the Funny and Die Web site on Tuesday. The show lasted only for six minutes, but fans won't believe how funny and snarky Obama was in this short period of time. This is unlike any interview people will see the President in. The credit should also be given to the host Galifianakis, whose oddball questions cannot keep anyone straight-faced for so long, even the President.
Galifianakis opened the show with, "Sorry I had to cancel a few times. My mousepad broke last week and I had to get my great-aunt some diabetes shoes," and from there, Obama was treated with several weird questions that would have boggled anyone. But not the President.
Raising hard questions on hard topics such as North Korea, being the last Black President, running for the third time, and Kenya birth certificate issue, Obama was able to answer them all while getting in some comedic jabs on his own.
When asked about how he felt about not being able to run for a third term, Obama tells the actor: "If I ran a third time, it would sort of be like doing a third 'Hangover' movie. Didn't really work out very well, did it?"
Obama also gave high praises for Galifianakis's "Hangover" co-star Bradley Cooper. The host cannot take all these Bradley Cooper sitting down and replied, "Tall, handsome -- that's easy. Be short, fat and smell like Doritos and try to make it to Hollywood."
If the White house felt it had to defend President Obama on this mock interview, it must be worth a watch.
Watch the whole video here to appreciate President Obama in his wittiest (uh-oh).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions