SnarkFest: President Obama Gets It On with Zach Galifianakis on Between Two Ferns [Video]
By Annie Dee | March 12, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Who would have thought the President had in him? To be snarky, witty and funny on an online show with a wide following, that is. In an attempt to promote his healthcare plan among the younger Americans, the US President Obama appeared on Between Two Ferns, a spoof online show and bantered away with host and comedian Zach Galifianakis.
Known for its awkwardness and weirdness, the show has become somewhat akin to an Internet cult favourite. The show had already featured A-list actress Natalie Portman and even Justin Beiber, prior to all these chaos surrounding him now.
The episode where Obama appeared is posted on the Funny and Die Web site on Tuesday. The show lasted only for six minutes, but fans won't believe how funny and snarky Obama was in this short period of time. This is unlike any interview people will see the President in. The credit should also be given to the host Galifianakis, whose oddball questions cannot keep anyone straight-faced for so long, even the President.
Galifianakis opened the show with, "Sorry I had to cancel a few times. My mousepad broke last week and I had to get my great-aunt some diabetes shoes," and from there, Obama was treated with several weird questions that would have boggled anyone. But not the President.
Raising hard questions on hard topics such as North Korea, being the last Black President, running for the third time, and Kenya birth certificate issue, Obama was able to answer them all while getting in some comedic jabs on his own.
When asked about how he felt about not being able to run for a third term, Obama tells the actor: "If I ran a third time, it would sort of be like doing a third 'Hangover' movie. Didn't really work out very well, did it?"
Obama also gave high praises for Galifianakis's "Hangover" co-star Bradley Cooper. The host cannot take all these Bradley Cooper sitting down and replied, "Tall, handsome -- that's easy. Be short, fat and smell like Doritos and try to make it to Hollywood."
If the White house felt it had to defend President Obama on this mock interview, it must be worth a watch.
Watch the whole video here to appreciate President Obama in his wittiest (uh-oh).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best