SnarkFest: President Obama Gets It On with Zach Galifianakis on Between Two Ferns [Video]
By Annie Dee | March 12, 2014 2:31 PM EST
Who would have thought the President had in him? To be snarky, witty and funny on an online show with a wide following, that is. In an attempt to promote his healthcare plan among the younger Americans, the US President Obama appeared on Between Two Ferns, a spoof online show and bantered away with host and comedian Zach Galifianakis.
Known for its awkwardness and weirdness, the show has become somewhat akin to an Internet cult favourite. The show had already featured A-list actress Natalie Portman and even Justin Beiber, prior to all these chaos surrounding him now.
The episode where Obama appeared is posted on the Funny and Die Web site on Tuesday. The show lasted only for six minutes, but fans won't believe how funny and snarky Obama was in this short period of time. This is unlike any interview people will see the President in. The credit should also be given to the host Galifianakis, whose oddball questions cannot keep anyone straight-faced for so long, even the President.
Galifianakis opened the show with, "Sorry I had to cancel a few times. My mousepad broke last week and I had to get my great-aunt some diabetes shoes," and from there, Obama was treated with several weird questions that would have boggled anyone. But not the President.
Raising hard questions on hard topics such as North Korea, being the last Black President, running for the third time, and Kenya birth certificate issue, Obama was able to answer them all while getting in some comedic jabs on his own.
When asked about how he felt about not being able to run for a third term, Obama tells the actor: "If I ran a third time, it would sort of be like doing a third 'Hangover' movie. Didn't really work out very well, did it?"
Obama also gave high praises for Galifianakis's "Hangover" co-star Bradley Cooper. The host cannot take all these Bradley Cooper sitting down and replied, "Tall, handsome -- that's easy. Be short, fat and smell like Doritos and try to make it to Hollywood."
If the White house felt it had to defend President Obama on this mock interview, it must be worth a watch.
Watch the whole video here to appreciate President Obama in his wittiest (uh-oh).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports