Human Barbie Valeria Lukyanova's Light and Air Diet Turns Her Into a Beautiful Demi-God?
By Vanessa Francisco | March 12, 2014 1:59 PM EST
Valeria Lukyanova, known as the human Barbie doll, is practicing a lifestyle with her no food and water diet called "Breatharianism." According to International Business Times, Lukyanova survives with only air and light. "In recent weeks, I have not been hungry at all. I am hoping it is the final stage before I can subsist on light and air alone," she said.
While the lifestyle seems dangerous and bizarre to many, there is actually a select few that claim Breatharianism actually has positive benefits to the body. "The capacity to live on light is related directly to our body's ability to absorb, attract and radiate Divine Love which is determined by our lifestyle," a Web site proponent of Breatharianism named Jamusheen wrote. "When we are well tuned and body fit, we can access an inner power that has the ability to guide is, love us and also nourish our cells."
"The aim of my life is to come to this planet to help people realize that it is necessary to move from a 'human consumer' to a 'human demi-god,'" Lukyanova told VICE documentary. "Everything is love and love is God. I am you and you are me."
Lukyanova is believed to be around 28 years old and claims that she can actually communicate with aliens through the language of light and travel outside of her body. According to the Daily Beast, she considers herself as a spiritual leader. "I can travel around the entire world, to both the past and the future. I share my ideas on dieting with people. If you want to stay beautiful and live a long life, eat herbs and vegetables, eat very small portions so you will have more energy, feel more pure emotions that will make you more creative," the Barbie-lookalike said. Lukyanova claims the only plastic surgery she has undergone has been on her breasts.
There have been a lot of reactions to her Breatharian diet and many called her sad and stupid. "FAKE If you like that kinda thing, you must be very insecure on the inside. Clearly you are not normal to think you are an alien and survive on light and air. I am not trying to be mean, I see sadness and a blank stare. Even the doll Barbie smiles. How come we do not see pics of you smiling? I would like to see you smile," Facebook user Luanne Ruth Warnick commented on Lukyanova's Facebook page. Many are skeptical and encouraged her to eat more healthy but based on her latest tweets, it is clear that Valeria is just pleased with her way of life no matter what people say.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?