Human Barbie Valeria Lukyanova's Light and Air Diet Turns Her Into a Beautiful Demi-God?
By Vanessa Francisco | March 12, 2014 1:59 PM EST
Valeria Lukyanova, known as the human Barbie doll, is practicing a lifestyle with her no food and water diet called "Breatharianism." According to International Business Times, Lukyanova survives with only air and light. "In recent weeks, I have not been hungry at all. I am hoping it is the final stage before I can subsist on light and air alone," she said.
While the lifestyle seems dangerous and bizarre to many, there is actually a select few that claim Breatharianism actually has positive benefits to the body. "The capacity to live on light is related directly to our body's ability to absorb, attract and radiate Divine Love which is determined by our lifestyle," a Web site proponent of Breatharianism named Jamusheen wrote. "When we are well tuned and body fit, we can access an inner power that has the ability to guide is, love us and also nourish our cells."
"The aim of my life is to come to this planet to help people realize that it is necessary to move from a 'human consumer' to a 'human demi-god,'" Lukyanova told VICE documentary. "Everything is love and love is God. I am you and you are me."
Lukyanova is believed to be around 28 years old and claims that she can actually communicate with aliens through the language of light and travel outside of her body. According to the Daily Beast, she considers herself as a spiritual leader. "I can travel around the entire world, to both the past and the future. I share my ideas on dieting with people. If you want to stay beautiful and live a long life, eat herbs and vegetables, eat very small portions so you will have more energy, feel more pure emotions that will make you more creative," the Barbie-lookalike said. Lukyanova claims the only plastic surgery she has undergone has been on her breasts.
There have been a lot of reactions to her Breatharian diet and many called her sad and stupid. "FAKE If you like that kinda thing, you must be very insecure on the inside. Clearly you are not normal to think you are an alien and survive on light and air. I am not trying to be mean, I see sadness and a blank stare. Even the doll Barbie smiles. How come we do not see pics of you smiling? I would like to see you smile," Facebook user Luanne Ruth Warnick commented on Lukyanova's Facebook page. Many are skeptical and encouraged her to eat more healthy but based on her latest tweets, it is clear that Valeria is just pleased with her way of life no matter what people say.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage