Jeremy Lin Bound To Be Traded After Season; Los Angeles Lakers, Boston Celtics, Toronto Raptors Potential Landing Spot of Linsanity
By Lou Ramon Aguila | March 12, 2014 1:55 PM EST
Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin has been on the trading block ever since he landed in Texas. This year, trade rumors are all over the former Harvard standout, despite putting up a decent performance as the team's main scoring weapon off the bench. Lin survived the trade deadline this year. Next season? Perhaps he won't any longer. Where is his next Destination? Mike D'Antoni's Los Angeles Lakers.
Jeremy Lin is featured in the latest "This is SportsCenter" commercial.
After starting as the team's primarily playmaker last season, the 25-year old Lin has to concede the role to Patrick Beverley. The move from starter to a bench player resulted to an up-and-down output from Lin throughout the season, but it nevertheless affected his statistical line as he averaged 12.4 points and 4.2 per game.
On Sunday, Lin exploded for 26 points to help the red-hot Rockets beat the Portland Trail Blazers in what could be a Western Conference semis preview. Prior to this performance, Lin had a series of rough shooting nights after going below 30 percent over the last six games.
Looking Forward to the Future
Most NBA analysts believed that the Rockets will eventually find a way to trade Lin and his $15 million paycheck in the offseason. In a team that aspires nothing but a championship, the Rockets would be looking for an upgrade both in their bench and at the point guard spot, and there's no better time to hammer the deal than this summer, when big time free-agents are soon to hit the market.
In short, Lin will no longer wear Rockets jersey. Fortunately for him, there are three ideal spots for him to rebuild his career. There are the Los Angeles Lakers, Boston Celtics and the Toronto Raptors.
The Celtics, who coveted Omer Asik a lot, could finally pull off a deal for the bigman along with the expiring contract of Lin - a former Harvard student. The Raptors, on the other hand, might get a run at Lin with Kyle Lowry becoming a free-agent soon. But the best place Lin would thrive is the Lakers under the tutelage of his former mentor Mike D'Antoni. Lin's up-tempo and scoring ability would fit the coach's run-and-gun system, making the Lakers a much more explosive team on the offensive end.
A hypothetical trade scenario would be The Lakers could package Jordan Farmar, Xavier Henry and Jordan Hill to the Rockets for Lin. The Rockets needs more frontline depth and they can get it from Hill, while adding able playmakers in Farmar and Henry. Of course, D'Antoni will finally get a point guard that can run plays and score the basketball when needed. Win-win trade scenario indeed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying