Matt Bomer: 'White Collar' Actor Featured in HBO's 'The Normal Heart' Teaser Trailer, Shares On-Screen Kiss with Co-Star Mark Ruffalo [WATCH VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 12, 2014 1:54 PM EST
HBO released a teaser trailer to promote their upcoming new TV film titled "The Normal Heart" starring Mark Ruffalo and Matt Bomer. The brief teaser trailer featured the "White Collar" actor shirtless with co-star Mark Ruffalo sharing their on-screen kiss as the film deals with the beginning of the New York City HIV-AIDS crisis in the early 1980s.
According to the Contactmusic.com report, "The Normal Heart" is a love story between gay activist and writer Ned Weeks (Mark Ruffalo) and his reporter lover Felix (Matt Bomer) that got framed with the terrors of the AIDS epidemic as well as America's sexual politics and gay attitudes. The upcoming TV film will have an unflinching look on how gay activists and their associates in the medical community fight to expose the reality about the rapidly escalating epidemic to a city and nation that is in denial.
American film and television director Ryan Murphy worked on the HBO drama based on Larry Kramer's Tony Award-winning play of the same title. "I worked with Larry on the script for three years. We broke it out to 40- to 45 percent new material, and it's pretty broken out from the play," Mr Murphy revealed.
Other stars in the TV drama film include Julia Roberts who portrays paraplegic physician Dr. Emma Brookner, Taylor Kitsch and "The Big Bang Theory" actor Jim Parsons who portrays gay activist Tommy Boatwright.
In the teaser trailer, anger and desperation can be seen and heard from Mark Ruffalo. "I am trying to understand why nobody gives a s**t that we're dying!" the actor shouted. Additionally, more scenes showed Mark and Matt's intimate moments in "The Normal Heart." Click HERE to see the film's image stills.
"We are so proud to be involved with this monumental project. Ryan has assembled an extraordinary cast to bring Larry Kramer's landmark theatrical achievement to the screen for the first time, and we couldn't be more thrilled to bring this important film to HBO," Michael Lombardo, HBO's programming president, stated in the Gay Star News report. "The Normal Heart" is scheduled to premiere on May 25, 2014 at 9/8c on HBO.
More Articles to Read:
Willie Garson: 'White Collar' Actor Tweets About Cast Still Waiting on USA Network's Decision For Season 6 - [READ]
Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Had Fun Throwing Beads Together with 'The Walking Dead' Actor Norman Reedus at the 2014 Mardi Gras in New Orleans - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Wonder Woman Costume: Film Sequel's Costume Designer Michael Wilkinson Tease Gal Gadot Will Have a 'Gladiator'-Inspired Look - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery