Sony Xperia Z2 Cool Cases and Accessories: Covers, Wireless Charging and Charging Dock
By Gel Galang | March 12, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Preorders for the Sony Xperia Z2 are already out for the UKwith some retailers and carriers featuring a number of cool preorder freebies.
But aside from these bundles and the actual Sony Xperia Z2, one of the things that you can be on the lookout for are the cases, covers and accessories that come with the handset.
One of the first cases for the Sony Xperia Z2 is Muvit's Carbon Case. According to Mobile Fun, the Muvit case will have a carbon fiber texture, rubberized edges for better protection, slim design for easier carrying, and especially tailored for the Sony Xperia Z2. What's more, those who are interested in having colourful cases will be happy to know that the Muvit cases come in black, white, pink and purple.
Aside from the Muvit cases, Phone Arena has also spotted quite a number of cases for the Sony Xperia Z2 at the MWC 2014. It seems that Sony has partnered with a number of accessory makers including Ksix and Zenus and have already been showcasing colourful and fancy cases to show off your Sony Xperia Z2.
You can check out the designs in the screens at the link.
Expect wireless charging for Sony Xperia Z2
For users who chug on the battery throughout the day and are in dire need of an easy solution to keep your handset alive throughout the day, the Sony Xperia Z2 has an accessory that solves just that.
Geeky-Gadgets has found that those who bring the launch of the device in the UK also brings with it a new accessory in the form of wireless charging.
According to the report, retailer Clover has found that Sony will be releasing a case for the Sony Xperia Z2 that features a wireless charging plate, dubbed the WCR12 wireless charging cover. This will be made available for £69.99 in the UK. Part of that will be the WCH10 charging plate, which costs £54.99.
Official accessory must-haves
Apart from the different cases and charging options, Sony is also pushing forward a number of accessories for the Sony Xperia Z2, starting with SmartBand SWR10, which lets you life-log your activities and keeps track of your movements--everything from communication to entertainment options--via the Core center.
To better record videos and transform your Sony Xperia Z2 into a portable video camera, you can also purchase the Stereo Microphone STM10 stereo-condenser microphone, which features a truly mobile format.
For those who want to use their Sony Xperia Z2 into a mini laptop, a Bluetooth Keyboard BKB10 is also being offered in the Sony Mobile Shop. Lastly, Sony has two stands for its newest flagship phone. The first is the Style Cover Stand SCR10, which is a protective flip cover that also converts as a desk stand.
The other is the Magnetic Charging Dock DK36, which snugly fits the Sony Xperia Z2 and is angled for comfortable viewing so you can still use the Xperia Z2.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James