'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: New Doppelganger To Arrive in Episode 17 Titled 'Rescue Me'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 12, 2014 12:59 PM EST
Katherine Pierce (Nina Dobrev), the evil Petrova doppelganger, has vanished in the ending of "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5, Episode 15 "Gone Girl" but the latest spoiler reports reveal another doppelganger will arrive in the upcoming Episode 17 titled "Rescue Me." New villain Markos will be arriving as well in this episode where the storyline seem to be focusing on the Travellers and their particular interest with doppelgangers.
Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore in the CW show "The Vampire Diaries."
'The Originals' Episode 15 'Le Grand Guignol' Recap/Spoilers: The Destroyer and Another Familiar Face Returns, The Mikaelson Siblings Showdown Begin
'Teen Wolf' Season 3B Spoilers: Will Chris Argent Shoot Stiles? Watch Intense Promo Videos For Episode 22 Titled 'De-Void'
The synopsis for the episode in the Wet Paint report reads: "In order to keep Stefan from being harmed by Sloan and the Travelers, Caroline and Enzo agree to make a trip to Atlanta to find a newly discovered doppelganger." However, details on the identity of the doppelganger are still unknown.
Speculations suggest since Stefan is the target of Sloan (Caitlin McHugh) and the Travellers, the new doppelganger will be from the Silas (Paul Wesley) line instead of Amara (Nina Dobrev). "Would Caroline really turn an unsuspecting doppelganger over to the doppelgangers in exchange for Stefan? Probably, but that's going to be awkward. Especially if she and Enzo road trip back from Atlanta with said doppelganger in tow," another speculation in the Wet Paint report reads.
The released image stills from Episode 17 tease about Markos having a plan against Stefan with the Travellers cornering the Salvatore vampire. It looks like this episode will finally give answers to some questions like what they are up to or why do the Travellers need doppelganger blood. Click HERE to see the photos.
Another new face reported to be arriving in the CW TV series and TVD fans should look forward to will be the first gay character, Luke, portrayed by guest star Chris Brochu. According to the KPopStarz report, Luke will be appearing in Episode 16 titled "While You Were Sleeping."
How will Luke enter the lives of the TVD gang? A part of the episode synopsis reads: "During spring break on a mostly deserted Whitmore campus, Elena runs into Luke (guest star Chris Brochu), a student who seems to know her, though she has no memory of meeting him. Recently dumped by his boyfriend, Luke proposes that he and Elena spend the break getting drunk together, but she sends him off on an urgent mission to find Bonnie (Kat Graham) and the 'newbie' witch, Liv (guest star Penelope Mitchell)."
Unfortunately, fans will to have to wait for another TVD hiatus to be over before seeing the new faces in town. "The Vampire Diaries" will return on Thursday night, March 20, with Episode 16 at 8 pm ET on the CW Network. As for the arrival of the new doppelganger and Markos, Episode 17 titled "Rescue Me" is scheduled to air on March 27, 2014.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Episode 15 'Gone Girl' Recap/Spoilers: Katherine Not Welcome in 'The Other Side' - [READ]
Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Hangs Out at 2014 SXSW Festival and Mardi Paws Dog Parade - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Executive Producer Caroline Dries Confirms Elena Will Return, Storyline Becomes 'Katherine vs Our Heroes' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch