‘Dracula’ Fans Waiting for News About Season 2 and DVD of Season 1
By Sachin Trivedi | March 12, 2014 12:56 PM EST
Fans of the NBC TV series "Dracula" are waiting for some news or indication about renewing the series for season 2. Fans in the U.S are also waiting for news about the availability of the DVD of season 1.
Fans of the "Dracula" TV series have been steadily growing even after the finale was aired long back, with more and more viewers stumbling on to the TV show. The Facebook fan page of the show now has over 800,000 fans.
Fans of the show have launched a campaign to petition NBC to renew the show for season 2. The petition has crossed an important milestone of over 20,000 signatures who support the initiative. The petition is poised to reach 21000 shortly.
The big question however is whether NBC will take into account the passionate appeal by the diehard fans of the show. "Dracula" Season 1 opened with lot of expectations only to see a dwindling viewership after the premiere.
The viewership however started to pick up after episode 5 with many fans expressing their surprise to find such a good show. Fans contend that the show would have done much better if it had been promoted more often. Promotion of a show however depends on the budget and expected revenues for the show.
Although "Dracula" Season 1 may not have met the expectations of producers the interest for the show by the end of the season and the continued interest in the show may get the producers interested.
The DVD of the show is yet to be released in the U.S but is available for purchase in the UK. Fans look forward to the DVD release of the show to enjoy watching Jonathan Rhys Meyers playing the iconic role once again.
Some of the cast are keen on playing their roles again and look forward to the show being renewed. Nonso Anozie who played the role of R.M. Renfield has turned out to be one of the favourites among fans.
So far NBC has been tight lipped about the renewal of "Dracula" for season 2. Will the fans be able to convince the network to bring back their favourite characters back on screen? That may be possible if the fans generate enough traction and interest for the show online.
More Articles to Read
Terror Group Claims Responsibility for the Missing Malaysian Flight [Read]
Box Office Report - '300: Rise of an Empire' Leads with $130 Million 'Mr Peabody & Sherman' Closes Second [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Premieres in April - 'Catch the Throne' Songs Released [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop