Roger Federer and Wife Mirka Expecting Twins Again, Will Mirka’s Pregnancy Bring Good Luck to the Swiss Athlete?
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 12, 2014 12:38 PM EST
Do twins run on Roger Federer or Mirka's side? According to Contact Music, Roger and wife Mirka are expecting another set of twins. The tennis superstar who currently ranks eighth in the world and his wife are already parents to beautiful twin daughters, and now, they will have two more babies to add to their growing family.
The wife of Roger Federer of Switzerland, Mirka Federer, with their twins, celebrates after Federer defeated Andy Murray of Britain in their men's singles final tennis match at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London
In December, Roger announced Mirka's pregnancy on Twitter. The announcement was made in time of Roger's participation in the 2014 Brisbane International where he finished second after suffering a loss against Lleyton Hewitt in the finals. Mirka's pregnancy also came five years after giving birth to their first set of twins, Myla Rose and Charlene Riva, who were born on July 23, 2009.
Roger has faith in the popular saying that pregnancy naturally brings good luck. The Swiss athlete said that the last time he played really well twas when Mirka was pregnant, winning two Grand Slams, namely, the French Open and the Wimbledon.
Will Mirka's pregnancy bring good luck to Roger Federer's 2014 season?
Roger, who had a disappointing 2013 season after not being able to win a Grand Slam, has started his 2014 season strong. Even though he dropped two places in the current world rankings, his performance looks promising.
Brisbane International - Roger played for the 2014 Brisbane International for the first time in his career and he displayed extraordinary playing skills, winning all his matches to get him to the finals of the said tournament before losing to Lleyton Hewitt.
Australian Open - Roger participated in the first Grand Slam of the year in the 2014 Australian Open. Roger managed to reach the semifinals, but he suffered defeat in straight sets against top-ranked Rafael Nadal.
David Cup - Roger played in the first round of the Davis Cup World Group. He teamed up with 2014 Australian Open champion Stanislas Wawrinka, beating the Serbians and leading Switzerland to reach the quarterfinals for the first time in the last decade. Roger has also committed to play in the quarterfinals, alongside Wawrinka in April.
BNP Paribas Open - Roger is currently participating in the 2014 BNP Paribas Open, or also known as the Indian Wells. Roger cruised into the fourth round and he's looking at possibly winning his fifth title. Roger won the BNP Paribas Open in 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2012.
Mirka is due to give birth in July 2014. Until then, Roger can take advantage of the good luck that their upcoming arrival of their babies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage