Robin Thicke Might Get a Second Chance with Paula Patton: Divorce Claims a Publicity Stunt?
By charmaine corne clutton | March 12, 2014 12:01 PM EST
"Blurred Lines" singer Robin Thicke left his fan base shocked not because of another racy video featuring scantily clad models but because he announced that he and Paula Patton, his beautiful wife of more than nine years, were splitting up. Thicke and Patton had been childhood sweethearts dating back from high school.
Robin Thicke with Actress wife Paula Patton/Reuters File
The divorce crystallized after infidelity issues rocked the marriage. According to sources, the tension in the marriage of the couple rose after Robin Thicke's performance in the VMA's, where wild child Miley Cyrus gyrated relentlessly on the much married Thicke. Moreover, pictures of Thicke's alleged rendezvous with other women surfaced on the Internet, the final straw to the marriage being the picture with Thicke grabbing a much younger blonde woman's derriere.
Thicke has since then publicly expressed his desire to reconcile with his childhood sweetheart. Thicke and Patton have an adorable three-year old kid.
"I'm just trying to win her back, man" Thicke exclusively told TMZ when asked about the impending divorce from his wife.
Thicke has also took his desperation on stage as he publicly announced in many concerts his desire to win back the heart of his lady love.
It looks like Paula Patton is finally giving in to Robin Thicke's pleas. According to PerezHilton.com, Paula might just give the "Blurred Lines" singer another shot at love. The news outlet also confirmed that the two had always been in constant communication despite the impending divorce. Moreover, the tone of their dialogue has apparently shifted from being cold to a more cordial one.
Fans are still hopeful that the two can still work out their marriage as the "Mission Impossible" star had not hired for a divorce lawyer just yet. Patton revealed that Thicke has been a really responsible father to them despite his many tours. Patton, however, does not like Thicke's on-stage love pleas.
In other news, Robin Thicke was finally seen without his wedding ring days after the couple's public announcement of their separation. Could this have compelled Paula to finally give Robin Thicke a chance? Despite the couple's separation, fans cannot think that the separation claims were just a publicity stunt to boost Robin Thicke's media presence.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles