Shailene Woodley of 'Divergent' Slams 'Twilight' Film: 'That is not going to help this world evolve’
By Diadem Pambid | March 12, 2014 10:59 AM EST
"Divergent" hasn't even hit the big screen but its lead star, Shailene Woodley is already making waves in the Hollywood biz. For one, she's a big hit thanks to her confession about asking advice from Oscar Award winning actress Jennifer Lawrence that earned her a lot of fans. Well, Shailene might get a number of haters following her diss to the "Twilight" film franchise.
Best female lead nominee for the film "The Spectacular Now" actress Shailene Woodley arrives at the 2014 Film Independent Spirit Awards in Santa Monica, California March 1, 2014.
"Twilight," both film franchise and novels written by Stephanie Meyer were a huge success back in the year 2000. However, not everyone were fans of the love story between Bella Swan played by Kristen Stewart and Edward Cullen played by Robert Pattinson.
Heck, even Shailene Woodley of "Divergent" isn't a huge fan of the film. In her interview with Teen Vogue, Woodley slammed the film for being "unhealthy."
"Twilight, I'm sorry, is about a very unhealthy, toxic relationship. She falls in love with this guy and the second he leaves her, her life is over and she's going to kill herself! What message are we sending to young people? That is not going to help this world evolve," stated Woodley (via Ocean Up).
Now, how would "Twi-hards" react to that? Yet, before Shailene Woodley slammed "Twilight," they should recall Pattinson's take on his own role in the film. If there is one person who hated it so much, it would be none other than Edward Cullen himself.
"['Twilight'] seemed like a book that wasn't supposed to be published.," stated Rob. Another well-known comment made by the star states: "He's the most ridiculous person...the more I read the script, the more I hated this guy...Plus, he's a 108 year-old virgin so he's obviously got some issues there."
Pattinson also went on to slam the fans of the franchise.
"Twilight has its own parallel world, its own fan culture that has been forming on the net since day one," says Rob in a report by Hollywood Life, adding, "And in an intense way that has never existed before. Sometimes I ask myself what these masses of people do the whole day. They sit in front of their computers and comment on anything having even remotely to do with Twilight."
Shailene certainly had a point by saying the relationship portrayed in the film is "unhealthy" that even the fans' addiction to it has been on the same level.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff