Shailene Woodley of 'Divergent' Slams 'Twilight' Film: 'That is not going to help this world evolve’
By Diadem Pambid | March 12, 2014 10:59 AM EST
"Divergent" hasn't even hit the big screen but its lead star, Shailene Woodley is already making waves in the Hollywood biz. For one, she's a big hit thanks to her confession about asking advice from Oscar Award winning actress Jennifer Lawrence that earned her a lot of fans. Well, Shailene might get a number of haters following her diss to the "Twilight" film franchise.
Best female lead nominee for the film "The Spectacular Now" actress Shailene Woodley arrives at the 2014 Film Independent Spirit Awards in Santa Monica, California March 1, 2014.
"Twilight," both film franchise and novels written by Stephanie Meyer were a huge success back in the year 2000. However, not everyone were fans of the love story between Bella Swan played by Kristen Stewart and Edward Cullen played by Robert Pattinson.
Heck, even Shailene Woodley of "Divergent" isn't a huge fan of the film. In her interview with Teen Vogue, Woodley slammed the film for being "unhealthy."
"Twilight, I'm sorry, is about a very unhealthy, toxic relationship. She falls in love with this guy and the second he leaves her, her life is over and she's going to kill herself! What message are we sending to young people? That is not going to help this world evolve," stated Woodley (via Ocean Up).
Now, how would "Twi-hards" react to that? Yet, before Shailene Woodley slammed "Twilight," they should recall Pattinson's take on his own role in the film. If there is one person who hated it so much, it would be none other than Edward Cullen himself.
"['Twilight'] seemed like a book that wasn't supposed to be published.," stated Rob. Another well-known comment made by the star states: "He's the most ridiculous person...the more I read the script, the more I hated this guy...Plus, he's a 108 year-old virgin so he's obviously got some issues there."
Pattinson also went on to slam the fans of the franchise.
"Twilight has its own parallel world, its own fan culture that has been forming on the net since day one," says Rob in a report by Hollywood Life, adding, "And in an intense way that has never existed before. Sometimes I ask myself what these masses of people do the whole day. They sit in front of their computers and comment on anything having even remotely to do with Twilight."
Shailene certainly had a point by saying the relationship portrayed in the film is "unhealthy" that even the fans' addiction to it has been on the same level.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast