Where to Watch NBA: San Antonio Spurs vs. Chicago Bulls Betting Preview, Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 12, 2014 10:20 AM EST
Both the San Antonio Spurs and Chicago Bulls are on a high after beating the defending champions, Miami Heat in previous games. The teams are paired on Wednesday in one of the marquee match-ups of the night.
NBA: Miami Heat at San Antonio Spurs
The Spurs enter the match-up with a six-game winning streak. They are also 9-1 in their last 10 games with convincing victories over potential playoff teams like the Heat, 111-87; Los Angeles Clippers, 111-109; and Dallas Mavericks, 112-106 during this stretch.
Tim Duncan led the blowout win versus Miami with 23 points and 12 rebounds and Tony Parker took over in their last game-- a 121-112 in over the lowly Orlando Magic-- with 30 points and 5 assists.
With Oklahoma City Thunder (46-17) in a funk in the West and equally struggling Heat (44-17) and Indiana Pacers (46-17) in the Eat, the Spurs have taken over the league leadership with a 46-16 win-loss record.
Chicago has been inconsistent the last four games. They've won against Detroit and Miami but lost at Brooklyn and at home versus Memphis.
Still the big win over the Heat-- 95-99 in overtime-- gives them the much needed confidence as the regular season winds down.
Bulls center Joakim Noah was excellent against their heated rivals finishing with 20 points, 12 rebounds, 7 assists and 5 blocked shots. Jimmy Butler contributed 16 points and 4 steals while Kirk Hinrich had 11 points and 4 assists. D.J. Augustin added 22 points off the bench.
Chicago would like to duplicate the 96-86 win they got in San Antonio on January 26. In that game, the Spurs were without Manu Ginobili, Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green and Tiago Splitter.
Still, the Bulls came to play led by Jimmy Butler who had 19 points and 3 steals. Six other players scored in double-figures for Chicago.
Watch the Spurs-Bulls game via NBA League Pass.
Betting Line: San Antonio Spurs (-5) vs. Chicago Bulls (191.0)
Game time: 11:00 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- The Spurs are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Spurs are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games vs. winning teams
- The Spurs are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games in Chicago
Chicago Bulls Trends
- The Bulls are 11-3 ATS in their last 14 games
- The Bulls are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. West teams
- The Bulls are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games at home
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu