Survey Says Qantas Was Favourite Airline of Aussies Until the Job Cuts
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 12, 2014 9:48 AM EST
The survey discovered 41 per cent of 14,800 Aussie respondents pointed to Qantas as their preferred air carrier.
However, the survey was made before Qantas Chief Executive Alan Joyce made known of 5,000 job cuts spread over 3 years that is part of a $2-billion cost-cutting programme of Qantas.
After Qantas came Emirates with 15.8 per cent preference rate, then Virgin Australia (15.7 per cent) and Singapore Airlines (13 per cent).
But when the respondents were asked if they were loyal to an Aussie carrier, 53 per cent admitted they were not. However, 56 per cent of the remaining 47 per cent who said they were loyal to an Aussie carrier said their loyalty would change if a foreign investor takes over the airline.
A major factor in determining loyalty to an air carrier was the price of tickets, said Helen Demetriou of Wotif.
Meanwhile, Qantas said that it would write to employees assigned at the Sydney International Airport to clarify its redundancy offer to the airport staff after spending Monday morning at the Fair Work Commission in Sydney.
The commission reminded Qantas that it did not act properly under the terms of its enterprise agreement with employees. Qantas had placed a March 21 deadline on workers to accept a voluntary departure package or convert to part-time from full-time worker.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related