Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Begins Training at Wildcard Gym in LA; Vows to Give Bradley a Big Surprise on April 12 (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 12, 2014 9:18 AM EST
Eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao started the second phase of his training for his April 12 date with American boxer Timothy Bradley at MGM Grand in Las Vegas for their anticipated rematch.
Pacman started the training regimen at the Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood in his bid to take back the World Boxing Organisation welterweight belt from Bradley.
Prior to his Monday arrival in the U.S., Pacquiao ended the first phase of his training in General Santos City in the Philippines.
Freddie Roach, his coach, told Boxingnews24, "We had a great camp in the Philippines and Manny, as usual, is way ahead of schedule in his conditioning, and very motivated."
He added, "The real business begins for us on Monday at Wild Card. We have great sparring waiting for Manny. He wants that title back. If Bradley thinks he's going to see the same compassionate Manny he saw the first time they fought he is in for a very big surprise."
The bout is produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View, starting at 9 pm ET/6 pm PT. It is Pacquiao's first fight in the U.S. since 2012.
Tickets are priced at $1,000, $800, $600, $400, $250 and $150, plus applicable service charges. For the $150 tickets, there is a limit of 2 tickets, while for the higher-cost tickets, the limit is 10 tickets per buyer. Tickets could be purchased online at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
According to reports, latest betting lines favour Manny over Timothy 2-1. As of Monday, BetUS.com has Pacquiao at -220 and Bradley at +175, meaning to win $100, you need to bet $200 on Pacquiao, while betting on Bradley $100 would yield $175, if the American boxer wins.
Boxing experts said it is likely the closest fight for Pacman in years. Chief fight promoter Bob Arum said, quoted by SB Nation, "As long last, a competitive super fight. I am sure the sports books at Las Vegas are gearing up for huge two-way action."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related