Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Begins Training at Wildcard Gym in LA; Vows to Give Bradley a Big Surprise on April 12 (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 12, 2014 9:18 AM EST
Eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao started the second phase of his training for his April 12 date with American boxer Timothy Bradley at MGM Grand in Las Vegas for their anticipated rematch.
Pacman started the training regimen at the Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood in his bid to take back the World Boxing Organisation welterweight belt from Bradley.
Prior to his Monday arrival in the U.S., Pacquiao ended the first phase of his training in General Santos City in the Philippines.
Freddie Roach, his coach, told Boxingnews24, "We had a great camp in the Philippines and Manny, as usual, is way ahead of schedule in his conditioning, and very motivated."
He added, "The real business begins for us on Monday at Wild Card. We have great sparring waiting for Manny. He wants that title back. If Bradley thinks he's going to see the same compassionate Manny he saw the first time they fought he is in for a very big surprise."
The bout is produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View, starting at 9 pm ET/6 pm PT. It is Pacquiao's first fight in the U.S. since 2012.
Tickets are priced at $1,000, $800, $600, $400, $250 and $150, plus applicable service charges. For the $150 tickets, there is a limit of 2 tickets, while for the higher-cost tickets, the limit is 10 tickets per buyer. Tickets could be purchased online at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
According to reports, latest betting lines favour Manny over Timothy 2-1. As of Monday, BetUS.com has Pacquiao at -220 and Bradley at +175, meaning to win $100, you need to bet $200 on Pacquiao, while betting on Bradley $100 would yield $175, if the American boxer wins.
Boxing experts said it is likely the closest fight for Pacman in years. Chief fight promoter Bob Arum said, quoted by SB Nation, "As long last, a competitive super fight. I am sure the sports books at Las Vegas are gearing up for huge two-way action."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks