Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Begins Training at Wildcard Gym in LA; Vows to Give Bradley a Big Surprise on April 12 (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 12, 2014 9:18 AM EST
Eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao started the second phase of his training for his April 12 date with American boxer Timothy Bradley at MGM Grand in Las Vegas for their anticipated rematch.
Pacman started the training regimen at the Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood in his bid to take back the World Boxing Organisation welterweight belt from Bradley.
Prior to his Monday arrival in the U.S., Pacquiao ended the first phase of his training in General Santos City in the Philippines.
Freddie Roach, his coach, told Boxingnews24, "We had a great camp in the Philippines and Manny, as usual, is way ahead of schedule in his conditioning, and very motivated."
He added, "The real business begins for us on Monday at Wild Card. We have great sparring waiting for Manny. He wants that title back. If Bradley thinks he's going to see the same compassionate Manny he saw the first time they fought he is in for a very big surprise."
The bout is produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View, starting at 9 pm ET/6 pm PT. It is Pacquiao's first fight in the U.S. since 2012.
Tickets are priced at $1,000, $800, $600, $400, $250 and $150, plus applicable service charges. For the $150 tickets, there is a limit of 2 tickets, while for the higher-cost tickets, the limit is 10 tickets per buyer. Tickets could be purchased online at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
According to reports, latest betting lines favour Manny over Timothy 2-1. As of Monday, BetUS.com has Pacquiao at -220 and Bradley at +175, meaning to win $100, you need to bet $200 on Pacquiao, while betting on Bradley $100 would yield $175, if the American boxer wins.
Boxing experts said it is likely the closest fight for Pacman in years. Chief fight promoter Bob Arum said, quoted by SB Nation, "As long last, a competitive super fight. I am sure the sports books at Las Vegas are gearing up for huge two-way action."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar