Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Begins Training at Wildcard Gym in LA; Vows to Give Bradley a Big Surprise on April 12 (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 12, 2014 9:18 AM EST
Eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao started the second phase of his training for his April 12 date with American boxer Timothy Bradley at MGM Grand in Las Vegas for their anticipated rematch.
Pacman started the training regimen at the Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood in his bid to take back the World Boxing Organisation welterweight belt from Bradley.
Prior to his Monday arrival in the U.S., Pacquiao ended the first phase of his training in General Santos City in the Philippines.
Freddie Roach, his coach, told Boxingnews24, "We had a great camp in the Philippines and Manny, as usual, is way ahead of schedule in his conditioning, and very motivated."
He added, "The real business begins for us on Monday at Wild Card. We have great sparring waiting for Manny. He wants that title back. If Bradley thinks he's going to see the same compassionate Manny he saw the first time they fought he is in for a very big surprise."
The bout is produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View, starting at 9 pm ET/6 pm PT. It is Pacquiao's first fight in the U.S. since 2012.
Tickets are priced at $1,000, $800, $600, $400, $250 and $150, plus applicable service charges. For the $150 tickets, there is a limit of 2 tickets, while for the higher-cost tickets, the limit is 10 tickets per buyer. Tickets could be purchased online at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
According to reports, latest betting lines favour Manny over Timothy 2-1. As of Monday, BetUS.com has Pacquiao at -220 and Bradley at +175, meaning to win $100, you need to bet $200 on Pacquiao, while betting on Bradley $100 would yield $175, if the American boxer wins.
Boxing experts said it is likely the closest fight for Pacman in years. Chief fight promoter Bob Arum said, quoted by SB Nation, "As long last, a competitive super fight. I am sure the sports books at Las Vegas are gearing up for huge two-way action."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build