Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Begins Training at Wildcard Gym in LA; Vows to Give Bradley a Big Surprise on April 12 (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 12, 2014 9:18 AM EST
Eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao started the second phase of his training for his April 12 date with American boxer Timothy Bradley at MGM Grand in Las Vegas for their anticipated rematch.
Pacman started the training regimen at the Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood in his bid to take back the World Boxing Organisation welterweight belt from Bradley.
Prior to his Monday arrival in the U.S., Pacquiao ended the first phase of his training in General Santos City in the Philippines.
Freddie Roach, his coach, told Boxingnews24, "We had a great camp in the Philippines and Manny, as usual, is way ahead of schedule in his conditioning, and very motivated."
He added, "The real business begins for us on Monday at Wild Card. We have great sparring waiting for Manny. He wants that title back. If Bradley thinks he's going to see the same compassionate Manny he saw the first time they fought he is in for a very big surprise."
The bout is produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View, starting at 9 pm ET/6 pm PT. It is Pacquiao's first fight in the U.S. since 2012.
Tickets are priced at $1,000, $800, $600, $400, $250 and $150, plus applicable service charges. For the $150 tickets, there is a limit of 2 tickets, while for the higher-cost tickets, the limit is 10 tickets per buyer. Tickets could be purchased online at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
According to reports, latest betting lines favour Manny over Timothy 2-1. As of Monday, BetUS.com has Pacquiao at -220 and Bradley at +175, meaning to win $100, you need to bet $200 on Pacquiao, while betting on Bradley $100 would yield $175, if the American boxer wins.
Boxing experts said it is likely the closest fight for Pacman in years. Chief fight promoter Bob Arum said, quoted by SB Nation, "As long last, a competitive super fight. I am sure the sports books at Las Vegas are gearing up for huge two-way action."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown