Pia Farrenkopf: Mummified Woman Found in Garage Named, Family Ties Identified
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 12, 2014 1:23 AM EST
Pia Farrenkopf - two words that eventually formed a name. A woman's mummified body was found on Wednesday, Mar. 5 in Pontiac, Michigan, but the woman had remained nameless until the media was able to obtain a name.
The authorities had a hard time identifying the body as it was believed that the woman's body had been sitting in the backseat of her car with the key halfway in the ignition for at least six years. In addition to that, the neighbors didn't seem to know who the woman really was.
The authorities reported that the woman had $54,000 in her bank account, which was paying her bills on auto-pay. But, at some point, the money ran out and the ranch-style home went into foreclosure. The woman's body was found in her own garage when a contractor was sent by the bank to check out the house after neighbors complained about a hole on the home's roof where the raccoons were getting in.
But as authorities continue to investigate the incident, ABC News had been told by its affiliate in Detroit WXYZ-TV that the Pontiac home's owner was Pia Farrenkopf.
Farrenkopf was fired from her job at a financing firm for Chrystler, and believed to have been last seen alive by her co-workers in September 2008, ABC News reported.
Pia Davida Farrenkopf, Daily Mail reported, was 49 years old. The identity of the woman, otherwise, is still to be confirmed by the authorities. Meanwhile, a black-and-white high school photograph of Farrenkopf has surfaced during the investigation.
Undersheriff Mike McCabe of Oakland County, Michigan told the media that the woman was believed to have been dead since at least 2008, which was the same year the license plate on the woman's Jeep expired.
A neighbor told CNN that Farrenkopf used to keep to herself, and the neighbors never heard a word from her. Almost six years later, the neighbors had to find out who the woman was. Not in person, but through reports.
Dr. Bernardino Pacris, the county deputy medical examiner who conducted the autopsy, said that the woman's skin was still intact, but the internal organs had decomposed. There was no trauma on the woman's body, however, McCabe revealed as told by Pacris.
Paula Logan, who lives in Boston was identified as Farrenkopf's sister. Logan doesn't believe that her sister would have taken her own life, ABC reported. Logan thinks that foul play must have taken part in Farrenkopf's death, instead.
Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard, according to Daily Mail, confirmed that detectives were able to speak to Logan, saying that the Chrysler job was the reason Farrenkopf moved from Massachusetts to Detroit where Farrenkopf eventually died.
In a WXYZ report, it is stated that Farrenkopf's stepfather Edward Caroll, said Farrenkopf was estranged from her family. Caroll claimed that he tried to find Farrenkopf through the Web, but couldn't find her. Farrenkop's mother was reported to have died a year and a half ago.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles