'American Idol' 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 'Finals Week 3 - Songs from the Cinema" Airs on Mar. 12, 2014
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 12, 2014 1:21 AM EST
From expressing themselves and telling the world who they are to choosing a song that reminded them of home, the "American Idol" 2014 Top 11 will soon be going to tackle mainstream with Finals Week 3 theme - "Songs from the Cinema."
Judges Keith Urban (L), Jennifer Lopez (C), and Harry Connick, Jr. of "American Idol" take part in Fox Broadcasting Company's part of the Television Critics Association (TCA) Winter 2014 presentations in Pasadena, California, January 13 , 2014.
AI Season 13 had been giving the idol finalists a wide selection of songs to choose from. Finals Week 1's theme was "This is Me." The Idol Top 13 sang songs that best described and expressed themselves. As a result, America voted Kristen O'Connor off. Kristen had to be the first to leave the competition.
Finals Week 2's theme was "Home." The Top 12 picked songs that reminded them of, practically, home. Emily Piriz was next to leave the competition.
For Finals Week 3, though, the song choices will be a little more specific and narrowed down. The Top 11 will be choosing "Songs from the Cinema." Music from cinema is known to have a wide selection from jazz to pop, but it has limited songs. The Idol Top 11will have to pick songs that will cater their music genre the most or risk getting eliminated.
American Idol 2014 producers have said before that the idol finalists will have more freedom with their song choices, and with what the idol finalists are singing so far, the producers seemed to have remained true to their words.
The idol finalists have been singing songs that they feel most comfortable with. Not everyone, though, had gotten the desired result. Two have already left the competition. Some idols almost had the same fate.
With only 11 finalists staying in the competition, the rivalry is fiercer. The contestants really have to choose songs that will "wow" not just the audience, but the judges, as well, or according to Jennifer Lopez, something that will give the judges some "goosies."
On Thursday, Mar. 13, Harry Connick Jr. will be up on the stage to perform. Will Harry be getting boos, or a big round of applause with standing ovation? This is something the American Idol fans have to look forward to.
According to Reality Rewind spoilers, the live show results on Thursday will most likely reveal the American Idol 2014 Top 10 who would be making the summer's Idol Live! Tour.
Watch out for more spoilers. Click here to visit the official American Idol 2014 Web site, and stay updated on all things "Idol."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia