'American Idol' 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 'Finals Week 3 - Songs from the Cinema" Airs on Mar. 12, 2014
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 12, 2014 1:21 AM EST
From expressing themselves and telling the world who they are to choosing a song that reminded them of home, the "American Idol" 2014 Top 11 will soon be going to tackle mainstream with Finals Week 3 theme - "Songs from the Cinema."
Judges Keith Urban (L), Jennifer Lopez (C), and Harry Connick, Jr. of "American Idol" take part in Fox Broadcasting Company's part of the Television Critics Association (TCA) Winter 2014 presentations in Pasadena, California, January 13 , 2014.
AI Season 13 had been giving the idol finalists a wide selection of songs to choose from. Finals Week 1's theme was "This is Me." The Idol Top 13 sang songs that best described and expressed themselves. As a result, America voted Kristen O'Connor off. Kristen had to be the first to leave the competition.
Finals Week 2's theme was "Home." The Top 12 picked songs that reminded them of, practically, home. Emily Piriz was next to leave the competition.
For Finals Week 3, though, the song choices will be a little more specific and narrowed down. The Top 11 will be choosing "Songs from the Cinema." Music from cinema is known to have a wide selection from jazz to pop, but it has limited songs. The Idol Top 11will have to pick songs that will cater their music genre the most or risk getting eliminated.
American Idol 2014 producers have said before that the idol finalists will have more freedom with their song choices, and with what the idol finalists are singing so far, the producers seemed to have remained true to their words.
The idol finalists have been singing songs that they feel most comfortable with. Not everyone, though, had gotten the desired result. Two have already left the competition. Some idols almost had the same fate.
With only 11 finalists staying in the competition, the rivalry is fiercer. The contestants really have to choose songs that will "wow" not just the audience, but the judges, as well, or according to Jennifer Lopez, something that will give the judges some "goosies."
On Thursday, Mar. 13, Harry Connick Jr. will be up on the stage to perform. Will Harry be getting boos, or a big round of applause with standing ovation? This is something the American Idol fans have to look forward to.
According to Reality Rewind spoilers, the live show results on Thursday will most likely reveal the American Idol 2014 Top 10 who would be making the summer's Idol Live! Tour.
Watch out for more spoilers. Click here to visit the official American Idol 2014 Web site, and stay updated on all things "Idol."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]