'American Idol' 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 'Finals Week 3 - Songs from the Cinema" Airs on Mar. 12, 2014
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 12, 2014 1:21 AM EST
From expressing themselves and telling the world who they are to choosing a song that reminded them of home, the "American Idol" 2014 Top 11 will soon be going to tackle mainstream with Finals Week 3 theme - "Songs from the Cinema."
Judges Keith Urban (L), Jennifer Lopez (C), and Harry Connick, Jr. of "American Idol" take part in Fox Broadcasting Company's part of the Television Critics Association (TCA) Winter 2014 presentations in Pasadena, California, January 13 , 2014.
AI Season 13 had been giving the idol finalists a wide selection of songs to choose from. Finals Week 1's theme was "This is Me." The Idol Top 13 sang songs that best described and expressed themselves. As a result, America voted Kristen O'Connor off. Kristen had to be the first to leave the competition.
Finals Week 2's theme was "Home." The Top 12 picked songs that reminded them of, practically, home. Emily Piriz was next to leave the competition.
For Finals Week 3, though, the song choices will be a little more specific and narrowed down. The Top 11 will be choosing "Songs from the Cinema." Music from cinema is known to have a wide selection from jazz to pop, but it has limited songs. The Idol Top 11will have to pick songs that will cater their music genre the most or risk getting eliminated.
American Idol 2014 producers have said before that the idol finalists will have more freedom with their song choices, and with what the idol finalists are singing so far, the producers seemed to have remained true to their words.
The idol finalists have been singing songs that they feel most comfortable with. Not everyone, though, had gotten the desired result. Two have already left the competition. Some idols almost had the same fate.
With only 11 finalists staying in the competition, the rivalry is fiercer. The contestants really have to choose songs that will "wow" not just the audience, but the judges, as well, or according to Jennifer Lopez, something that will give the judges some "goosies."
On Thursday, Mar. 13, Harry Connick Jr. will be up on the stage to perform. Will Harry be getting boos, or a big round of applause with standing ovation? This is something the American Idol fans have to look forward to.
According to Reality Rewind spoilers, the live show results on Thursday will most likely reveal the American Idol 2014 Top 10 who would be making the summer's Idol Live! Tour.
Watch out for more spoilers. Click here to visit the official American Idol 2014 Web site, and stay updated on all things "Idol."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June