'American Idol' 2014 Spoilers: AI Season 13 'Finals Week 3 - Songs from the Cinema" Airs on Mar. 12, 2014
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 12, 2014 1:21 AM EST
From expressing themselves and telling the world who they are to choosing a song that reminded them of home, the "American Idol" 2014 Top 11 will soon be going to tackle mainstream with Finals Week 3 theme - "Songs from the Cinema."
Judges Keith Urban (L), Jennifer Lopez (C), and Harry Connick, Jr. of "American Idol" take part in Fox Broadcasting Company's part of the Television Critics Association (TCA) Winter 2014 presentations in Pasadena, California, January 13 , 2014.
AI Season 13 had been giving the idol finalists a wide selection of songs to choose from. Finals Week 1's theme was "This is Me." The Idol Top 13 sang songs that best described and expressed themselves. As a result, America voted Kristen O'Connor off. Kristen had to be the first to leave the competition.
Finals Week 2's theme was "Home." The Top 12 picked songs that reminded them of, practically, home. Emily Piriz was next to leave the competition.
For Finals Week 3, though, the song choices will be a little more specific and narrowed down. The Top 11 will be choosing "Songs from the Cinema." Music from cinema is known to have a wide selection from jazz to pop, but it has limited songs. The Idol Top 11will have to pick songs that will cater their music genre the most or risk getting eliminated.
American Idol 2014 producers have said before that the idol finalists will have more freedom with their song choices, and with what the idol finalists are singing so far, the producers seemed to have remained true to their words.
The idol finalists have been singing songs that they feel most comfortable with. Not everyone, though, had gotten the desired result. Two have already left the competition. Some idols almost had the same fate.
With only 11 finalists staying in the competition, the rivalry is fiercer. The contestants really have to choose songs that will "wow" not just the audience, but the judges, as well, or according to Jennifer Lopez, something that will give the judges some "goosies."
On Thursday, Mar. 13, Harry Connick Jr. will be up on the stage to perform. Will Harry be getting boos, or a big round of applause with standing ovation? This is something the American Idol fans have to look forward to.
According to Reality Rewind spoilers, the live show results on Thursday will most likely reveal the American Idol 2014 Top 10 who would be making the summer's Idol Live! Tour.
Watch out for more spoilers. Click here to visit the official American Idol 2014 Web site, and stay updated on all things "Idol."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation