Idea Launches Ultra II and Id 1000 3G Android Smartphones in India; Price, Specification Details
By greeshma m | March 12, 2014 1:15 AM EST
Idea Cellular has launched two new 3G enabled smartphones - Ultra II and Id 1000 - in India, with a price tag of 12,500 and 5,400 respectively.
Ultra II sports a 5.5-inch screen and is powered by 1.3 GHz quad core processor. The handset runs on Android Jelly Bean 4.2 and comes with an 8 megapixel camera with LED flash and a 2 megapixel front-facing camera with video-conferencing facility. It is backed by a 2,500mAh battery and features dual SIM capability. The phone will be available in Idea's major 3G markets - Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Maharashtra, Goa, MP, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, UP West and UP East, said the company.
"Lack of availability of affordable 3G smartphones with high-end features is the deterrent to mobile data growth in India. Idea has tried to bridge this gap by offering the best value for money 3G devices, in addition to our superior 3G products, services, and network coverage," said Sashi Shankar, Chief Marketing Officer, Idea Cellular at the launch.
Idea Id 1000, on the other hand, is an entry level smartphone that features a 3.5-inch screen, powered by a 1 GHz dual core processor and runs on Android Jelly Bean 4.2 OS. The phone comes preloaded with social networking applications and hosts a 2 megapixel camera. It offers 4GB internal memory, which is expandable by up to 32 GB with microSD card.
"We have witnessed consistent growth in data uptake in our 3G markets where Idea branded 3G smartphones have been selling, for the past two years. This has encouraged us to further expand our devices portfolio with the launch of our first 14.0 cms (5.5") 3G smartphone, ULTRA II, and the entry-level !d 1000, which will help us target consumers at both ends of the spectrum," Shankar added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy