Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Spy Shots Hit Web; Speculated Launch, Feature Details
By greeshma m | March 12, 2014 12:20 AM EST
Maruti Suzuki's next offering in the sedan segment, Ciaz, is not expected until September but the spy photos of the car has been doing the rounds on the web for quite sometime.
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Concept at Auto Expo
Now the latest in the line is an image posted by the MotorBeam team, which shows Ciaz being tested outside Maruti's Gurgaon plant. The car is seen heavily camouflaged, thus not revealing much details on its design.
Ciaz, the new entry into the C-segment, was first seen at the Delhi Auto Expo 214 and is likely to make its India debut in September. The car, codenamed YL1, is expected to replace the underperforming SX4 sedan in the country and resembles the Suzuki Authentics concept car, which was shown at the 2013 Shanghai Motor Show.
Ciaz is likely to pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel or 1.4 liter K Series petrol engine of Ertiga. Under the hood, it is expected to carry some of the features of both SX4 and Ertiga. Other speculated features of the car include 16-inch alloy wheels, keyless entry, push button start, puddle lamps and leather seats.
The car is also expected to host a number of safety features like Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD). Rumours are also rife that the Maruti's new sedan will get the Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) technology, which was introduced with the new Maruti Suzuki Celerio. Ciaz will take on the likes of Hyundai Verna, Honda City and Volkswagen Vento.
Maruti is also rumoured to launch the AMT version of Alto K10. Alto K10, a successful small offering of Marurti, has seen a dip in its sales in recent years. The introduction of the AMT variant of Alto K10 is expected to salvage its losing charm in the sub-continent market.
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales