NBA Preview: Houston Rockets vs Oklahoma City Thunder Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | March 12, 2014 12:16 AM EST
The Houston Rockets will look to take their hot streak on the road when they visit the struggling Oklahoma City Thunder in the NBA on Tuesday.
The Rockets have won their last five games, including an impressive 118-113 overtime victory over the Portland Trail Blazers on Sunday.
"[This] was a tough test for us," Rockets center Dwight Howard said after the close victory over Portland, which saw James Harden let fly 41 points with Jeremy Lin chipping in with 26 of his own. "I think early in the season we probably would have lost this game but we found a way to win.
"Not everybody had a good game particularly. James picked it up scoring, hitting some tough shots and Jeremy had an amazing game. We cannot get cocky. We cannot lose our focus. We've got to stay humble."
If the Rockets continue doing exactly that, they just might catch up with the Thunder, second in the Western Conference behind the San Antonio Spurs -- Houston is third at the moment. OKC have struggled for consistency since the All-Star break, losing five of their last eight games, including two straight, and coach Scott Brooks emphasised on getting better on the defensive end.
"We have to continue to put it on the floor and we will," Brooks told the team's official website. "I have a lot of confidence in the group. I have a lot of confidence in our core guys. We have a great nucleus that has been around and understands how we play and we'll get back to doing that.
"We worked on a lot of defensive things that we have to get better at. One of the things I love about our group is that we've always tried to figure out ways to do it together, whether we won a game or are not playing well and losing a game. We still want to figure out how to get better together."
The Thunder have been struggling despite Kevin Durant having yet another incredible season, and while Brooks believes his star forward can score a lot more than the 31.8 points he has averaged, the coach thinks Durant is working for the betterment of the team.
"If he wanted to score a bunch of points or more than he's scoring now, he really could do that," Brooks was quoted as saying by ESPN. "His assist level has gone up, he impacts the game. Defensively, he impacts the game. He can guard 1 through 5. So a lot of things that he does [are] all about the team."
Durant had a triple double in his last game against the Lakers on Sunday, but the Thunder still lost 114-110. OKC, no doubt, will want to end their two-game losing streak as soon as possible, but they will be up against a streaking Rockets team, with their best player - Harden - desperate to get one over his former side.
Where to Watch Live
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers