GTA Online: Patch Files Reveal Heist Details
By Aditya Bhat | March 11, 2014 11:50 PM EST
Grand Theft Auto (GTA) Online from developer Rockstar Games is likely to offer the heists feature to players. The heists is one of the most anticipated features that fans have been waiting for in the online segment of the GTA 5.
GTA Online was released on 1 October. (Facebook)
Members of GTA Forums have revealed the discovery of new files that clearly hint at online heists, reported AOTF. The members said that Rockstar has added a new printer in your apartment which holds the key to details on the heists. The printer is kept beneath the gold records in a corner.
A player has to press "INPUT_CONTEXT" on the printer which will collect details of the heists. Players entering the heists will have to play very specific roles and in order to get their share of the money, they must complete their roles.
Though the printer contains text files that seem to be written specifically for the heists, it might not be activated until the next update. The post also suggests that players will be taking the heists from Lester through an email application, which was previously introduced.
Below are some of the roles that players may have to play for a successful heist - "Drivers, Driver, Gunman, Gunmen, Hacker, Hackers," says the post. Players will have to plan the team carefully.
Rockstar has not officially revealed anything on the heists aspect in GTA Online. The information of the heists were mined from the source coded in patch 1.11, as their discovery is only making upcoming updates more exciting to watch out for what they might contain.
Previously too there players have mined information of the patches that Rockstar released, however, players are yet to see this anticipated feature.
Further, a text message in the post adds another likely feature - tournaments. The post reads, "The players achieving the top worldwide scores on this Playlist will be entered into the official GTA Online tournament for a chance to win in-game prizes and unique items. Good luck!"
"Top worldwide scores on this Playlist will be entered into the official GTA Online Tournament."
There could also be a possibility of players being able to set their GPS in more apartments, currently, the GPS can be set only to one location and that is 'home.'
(See Also: GTA 5 PC Rumors: Retailer Reveals Release Date)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase