HTC One 2 Release Date: Latest Leaked Pictures Hint Display of Weather and Time on Cover; Google Play Edition Expected [VIDEO]
By Raymond Ronamai | March 11, 2014 11:42 PM EST
Speculations on the features of the so called HTC One 2, codenamed M8, have been doing the rounds ahead of its unveiling event on 25 March, and now, the leaked pictures of the device’s pin-hole cover have added more spice.
HTC One is due to be replaced by the One 2 in early 2014. (Reuters)
Several pin-hole cases of the HTC One successor, which is known by the names HTC One 2, HTC One Up and the All New HTC One, have been leaked on twitter by @evleaks, hinting that the cover will show weather, time and other real-time information. The Twitter tipster also claimed that the device will be released as a Google Play Edition like its predecessor.
Holes. Time. Colors. Also, like its predecessor, look for M8 to arrive as a Google Play Edition. pic.twitter.com/HtklHp2GP1
— @evleaks (@evleaks) March 8, 2014
By popular demand. pic.twitter.com/BmpogRMOsu — @evleaks (@evleaks) March 9, 2014
The All New HTC One, which is a sequel to HTC One that won Best Smartphone of 2013 award at the recently concluded Mobile World Congress (MWC 2014) in Barcelona, is expected to be released in more than 100 countries two weeks after its unveiling event on 25 March.
The Taiwan-based company's new flagship smartphone is expected to have 4.7 inch screen display (Full HD 1080p, 468 PPI) and powered by a quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with Adreno 330 GPU. Tech Radar reported that it will have 4MP front camera.
The device is expected to come with a microSD card slot unlike its predecessors and have 2900mAh battery.
VIDEO: HTC Technical Translations #2: Metal Unibody
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles