Tata Launches Aria Facelift in India; Price, Features and Booking Details
By greeshma m | March 11, 2014 11:20 PM EST
Tata Motors' much-anticipated Aria Facelift MPV made its India debut, with prices starting at ₹9.95 lakh.
The 2014 Tata Aria facelift is offered in three variants in the domestic market - Pure 4x2, Pleasure 4x2 and Pride 4x4. The car comes fitted with a 2.2 liter VariCOR engine, which can churn out 148 bhp power at 4,000 rpm and 320 Nm peak torque at 3,000 rpm. The company claims a fuel efficiency of 15.05 kmpl for the new Aria. The car looks stylish in its design with the reworked headlights, clear lens tail lights and 'Aria' decals on the sides.
While the base variant of the Aria Facelift Pure 4x2 comes with driver information system, rear air-con vents, sunglass holder, remote central locking, disc brakes, electric wing mirrors, projector headlamps and follow-me-home headlamps, the middle variant Pleasure 4x2 offers full chrome grille, body-coloured roof rails, rear wiper and defogger, roof storage bins, chilled glove box, reverse parking sensors, front airbags and ABS with EBD, in addition to the features offered in the base variant.
The top variant of Arai facelift Pride 4x4 is loaded with front, side and curtain airbags, ABS, EBD, TCS, ESP, automatic climate control, automatic headlights and wipers, cruise control, a 360 Watts JBL-Harman sound system with 10 speakers, 17-inch alloy wheels, and a Navteq navigation system.
The car will be pitted against Mahindra XUV 500 and Toyota Innova. We reported earlier that dealers of Tata across the country have already started accepting pre-bookings for Aria facelift with an advance of ₹50,000.
The latest excise duty relaxation announced by the Indian government has helped Tata to keep the prices of its new Arai facelift lower than its predecessor. As per the new interim budget, the excise duty of small cars, motorcycles, scooters and commercial vehicles in India has been cut down to 8 percent from 12 percent, while the excise duty of Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) has gone down to 24 percent from 30 percent.
2014 Tata Aria Prices (Ex-Showroom, New Delhi)
2014 Tata Aria Pure LX 4×2 - ₹9.95 lakhs
2014 Tata Aria Pleasure 4×2 -₹12 lakhs
2014 Tata Aria Pride 4×4 - ₹ 14.74 lakhs
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence