Tata Launches Aria Facelift in India; Price, Features and Booking Details
By greeshma m | March 11, 2014 11:20 PM EST
Tata Motors' much-anticipated Aria Facelift MPV made its India debut, with prices starting at ₹9.95 lakh.
The 2014 Tata Aria facelift is offered in three variants in the domestic market - Pure 4x2, Pleasure 4x2 and Pride 4x4. The car comes fitted with a 2.2 liter VariCOR engine, which can churn out 148 bhp power at 4,000 rpm and 320 Nm peak torque at 3,000 rpm. The company claims a fuel efficiency of 15.05 kmpl for the new Aria. The car looks stylish in its design with the reworked headlights, clear lens tail lights and 'Aria' decals on the sides.
While the base variant of the Aria Facelift Pure 4x2 comes with driver information system, rear air-con vents, sunglass holder, remote central locking, disc brakes, electric wing mirrors, projector headlamps and follow-me-home headlamps, the middle variant Pleasure 4x2 offers full chrome grille, body-coloured roof rails, rear wiper and defogger, roof storage bins, chilled glove box, reverse parking sensors, front airbags and ABS with EBD, in addition to the features offered in the base variant.
The top variant of Arai facelift Pride 4x4 is loaded with front, side and curtain airbags, ABS, EBD, TCS, ESP, automatic climate control, automatic headlights and wipers, cruise control, a 360 Watts JBL-Harman sound system with 10 speakers, 17-inch alloy wheels, and a Navteq navigation system.
The car will be pitted against Mahindra XUV 500 and Toyota Innova. We reported earlier that dealers of Tata across the country have already started accepting pre-bookings for Aria facelift with an advance of ₹50,000.
The latest excise duty relaxation announced by the Indian government has helped Tata to keep the prices of its new Arai facelift lower than its predecessor. As per the new interim budget, the excise duty of small cars, motorcycles, scooters and commercial vehicles in India has been cut down to 8 percent from 12 percent, while the excise duty of Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) has gone down to 24 percent from 30 percent.
2014 Tata Aria Prices (Ex-Showroom, New Delhi)
2014 Tata Aria Pure LX 4×2 - ₹9.95 lakhs
2014 Tata Aria Pleasure 4×2 -₹12 lakhs
2014 Tata Aria Pride 4×4 - ₹ 14.74 lakhs
(Edited by Vishnuprasad S Pillai)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate