Kate Middleton and Prince William Hire Spanish Nanny for Prince George While They Honeymoon in Maldives
By Keerthi Mohan | March 11, 2014 11:01 PM EST
Kate Middleton and Prince William, who are currently enjoying holiday in the Maldives, have left Prince George in the safe hands of a Spanish nanny, who was brought into royal service last month.
Britain's Prince William, his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and their son Prince George, pose for the official portrait in London
The identity of the nanny has not been revealed, though several reports indicate that she has served high society families for two decades.
“It was from there that the Cambridges heard of her and hired her. She is not married and doesn't have a boyfriend as her life is totally dedicated to the family she is working with,” a source told Hello magazine, according to Mail Online.
“She is known for being totally professional - married to the job.”
However, this week the nanny is not in charge of Prince George, who is third in line to the throne. Reports have it that the nanny is being shown the ropes by Middleton’s mother Carole, who is currently looking after the baby.
Last week, the nanny was spotted walking Prince George in London’s Hyde Park and hopefully they would have become accustomed to each other, before the family’s three-week tour of New Zealand and Australia in April.
The three-week tour will mark Prince George’s first official public appearance, and the nanny is expected to care for the prince, while his parents get busy with their official duties.
The new nanny is a replacement for Jessie Webb, nanny to both Prince William and his brother Harry. She had come out of retirement to care for Prince George.
Meanwhile, William and Middleton arrived at Cheval Blanc Randheli on Noonu Atoll on Thursday for a week-long break, which is being touted as a mini-honeymoon.
The elite hotel provides several unusual amenities for its patrons, including a sex kit, and the option to create a pillow based on the customers' desire. According to E! Online, each guest is given two assistants, who will be available throughout day and night.
Stay at the resort is on the expensive side and it costs customers approximately $1,000 a night.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal