Kate Middleton and Prince William Hire Spanish Nanny for Prince George While They Honeymoon in Maldives
By Keerthi Mohan | March 11, 2014 11:01 PM EST
Kate Middleton and Prince William, who are currently enjoying holiday in the Maldives, have left Prince George in the safe hands of a Spanish nanny, who was brought into royal service last month.
Britain's Prince William, his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and their son Prince George, pose for the official portrait in London
The identity of the nanny has not been revealed, though several reports indicate that she has served high society families for two decades.
“It was from there that the Cambridges heard of her and hired her. She is not married and doesn't have a boyfriend as her life is totally dedicated to the family she is working with,” a source told Hello magazine, according to Mail Online.
“She is known for being totally professional - married to the job.”
However, this week the nanny is not in charge of Prince George, who is third in line to the throne. Reports have it that the nanny is being shown the ropes by Middleton’s mother Carole, who is currently looking after the baby.
Last week, the nanny was spotted walking Prince George in London’s Hyde Park and hopefully they would have become accustomed to each other, before the family’s three-week tour of New Zealand and Australia in April.
The three-week tour will mark Prince George’s first official public appearance, and the nanny is expected to care for the prince, while his parents get busy with their official duties.
The new nanny is a replacement for Jessie Webb, nanny to both Prince William and his brother Harry. She had come out of retirement to care for Prince George.
Meanwhile, William and Middleton arrived at Cheval Blanc Randheli on Noonu Atoll on Thursday for a week-long break, which is being touted as a mini-honeymoon.
The elite hotel provides several unusual amenities for its patrons, including a sex kit, and the option to create a pillow based on the customers' desire. According to E! Online, each guest is given two assistants, who will be available throughout day and night.
Stay at the resort is on the expensive side and it costs customers approximately $1,000 a night.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand