Kate Middleton and Prince William Hire Spanish Nanny for Prince George While They Honeymoon in Maldives
By Keerthi Mohan | March 11, 2014 11:01 PM EST
Kate Middleton and Prince William, who are currently enjoying holiday in the Maldives, have left Prince George in the safe hands of a Spanish nanny, who was brought into royal service last month.
Britain's Prince William, his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and their son Prince George, pose for the official portrait in London
The identity of the nanny has not been revealed, though several reports indicate that she has served high society families for two decades.
“It was from there that the Cambridges heard of her and hired her. She is not married and doesn't have a boyfriend as her life is totally dedicated to the family she is working with,” a source told Hello magazine, according to Mail Online.
“She is known for being totally professional - married to the job.”
However, this week the nanny is not in charge of Prince George, who is third in line to the throne. Reports have it that the nanny is being shown the ropes by Middleton’s mother Carole, who is currently looking after the baby.
Last week, the nanny was spotted walking Prince George in London’s Hyde Park and hopefully they would have become accustomed to each other, before the family’s three-week tour of New Zealand and Australia in April.
The three-week tour will mark Prince George’s first official public appearance, and the nanny is expected to care for the prince, while his parents get busy with their official duties.
The new nanny is a replacement for Jessie Webb, nanny to both Prince William and his brother Harry. She had come out of retirement to care for Prince George.
Meanwhile, William and Middleton arrived at Cheval Blanc Randheli on Noonu Atoll on Thursday for a week-long break, which is being touted as a mini-honeymoon.
The elite hotel provides several unusual amenities for its patrons, including a sex kit, and the option to create a pillow based on the customers' desire. According to E! Online, each guest is given two assistants, who will be available throughout day and night.
Stay at the resort is on the expensive side and it costs customers approximately $1,000 a night.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales