Gran Turismo 6: New Update Expands Kart Adjustment Options, Adds Multi-Monitor Support
By Aditya Bhat | March 11, 2014 10:10 PM EST
Polyphony Digital, the developer of racing video game, Gran Turismo 6 has released a new update 1.05 for the game that will add new functionality and optimisations to the game.
The new update adds additional features like Time Trial, Drift Trial and Free Run to Race Type option, selection of Karts in weather-enabled tracks, regulation settings can now be checked in the popup dialogue box. This update also adds the important multi-monitor settings and a car search feature. It adds traction control and skid recovery. Changes that will be born off this update include individual colors during the Racing Gear sales.
Gran Turismo 6 was released in December 2013.
New cars like Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo and the Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept were introduced in Patch 1.04.
The Gran Turismo was released in 6 December 2013 exclusively for PlayStation 3. The game has reportedly sold 70 million copies around the world and it brings around 1,200 types of car and 76 courses across 37 locations. The game has weather, daytime enabled racing along with astronomical simulation system.
Future update will bring the following features in Gran Turismo 6 - Community, Quick Match mode, B Spec mode, Course Maker, Data Logger, GPS Visualiser, Mobile Devices and 3D Compatibility said the official website of the video game.
Below are full patch notes of the update for Gran Turismo 6 (PlayStation Blog):
Additional Features in the Open Lobby
- Time Trial, Drift Trial and Free Run have been added to the Race Type option within Room Settings of the Event Settings screen.
- It is now possible to Filter by Performance, even when Car Selection Method is set to Filter by Make or Filter by Category.
- It is now possible to select Karts in one-make races held on weather-enabled tracks.
- Players can now check regulation settings in the confirmation popup dialogue before entering a room.
- In the Race Alone mode for the Qualifier, cars other than yourself will appear as lines (as will cars other than the one in focus when only spectating).
- Multi-Monitor Settings has been added to the Start Button>Options>Display options.
- A Car Search feature has been added to the CARS section in My Home. You can specify the desired parameters to search for a particular car in the Car Dealerships.
Sale of racing gear in individual colours
- The sale of Racing Gear has been changed from full color sets to individual colors. Some of the pricing for racing gear has changed accordingly.
Kart adjustments options expanded
- Traction Control is now available to adjust in the Driving Options. Skid Recovery Force is also now available.
- Brake Balance is now available to adjust in Machine Settings. Only the rear can be adjusted in Normal Karts, while both the front and rear can be adjusted in Shifter Karts.
- An icon that shows the login bonus stage (one to five days in succession) has been added to the top of the My Home screen and the prize-receiving dialogue.
- The increments of the Front/Rear Torque Split in Car Settings has been changed from five to one.
- The content of the Dealership has been updated.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For Google Play Edition Devices: Features, Models And Other Details
- Nokia Lumia 635: Sprint, Boost Mobile And Virgin Mobile Set To Sell Windows Phone Handset
- ‘GTA V' Heists DLC: Rockstar Confirms Release In ‘Early 2015,’ Game Producer Imran Sarwar Explains Delay
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ News: More On Volcanion Event And Easy To Catch Legendaries
- ‘Destiny’ Iron Banner And Fist of Crota Back As Replayable; Patches Targeted For Xbox One