Box Office Collection: ‘Queen’ Dominates Over ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Total Siyapaa’ Worldwide
By Ankita Mehta | March 11, 2014 9:28 PM EST
In India, "Queen" is dominating over "Total Siyapaa" and "Gulaab Gang." But in the international market "Total Siyapaa" is ruling at the box office.
"Queen" starring Kangana Ranaut and Rajkumar Rao has maintained a strong hold at the box offices in India, but in abroad the film had a mediocre opening weekend.
In India, the film passed the first Monday test by raking in around ₹2 crore. "Queen" showed positive growth during weekends and on first weekday.
"#Queen Fri 1.75 cr, Sat 3.50 cr, Sun 4.75 cr, Mon 2 cr. Total: ₹ 12 cr nett. India biz only... Mon better than Fri, despite reduced rates," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Vikas Bahl's directorial venture is riding high on its content, Ranaut's acting and positive word of mouth. The film had performed well despite facing competition from other two films. Also, the ticket rates are not hiked unlike other big budget films.
However, at overseas box office, the film has opened well only in two circuits and managed to rake in ₹1.71 crore ($ 280,809) from opening weekend.
US and Canada circuits have performed their best raking in total around ₹1 crore.
It raked in ₹82.77 lakh ($136,051) from US, ₹15.79 lakh ($181,132) from Canada, ₹37.80 lakh (AED approx 228,000) from UAE-GCC, ₹32.83 lakh (£ 32,385) from UK-Ireland and ₹1.88 lakh (ZAR 33,144) from South Africa, according to Adarsh.
But the film is still leading with worldwide total of ₹13.71 crore in just four days.
Madhuri Dixit-Nene and Juhi Chawla starrer "Gulaab Gang" registered a strong first weekday in India. The film witnessed around 60 percent fall on Monday compared to Friday. The opening day total was low and the first weekday score was decent.
On Monday, it raked in ₹1.13 crore, taking its overall four days total to ₹9.97 crore.
"#GulaabGang Fri 2.41 cr, Sat 2.97 cr, Sun 3.46 cr, Mon 1.13 cr. Total: ₹ 9.97 cr nett. India biz only," Adarsh said.
From overseas market, the film raked in around ₹1.59 crore ($ 261,484) from opening weekend run.
From US it raked in ₹27.69 lakh ($ 45,477), from Canada ₹9.28 lakh ($15,241), from UAE-GCC ₹56.37 lakh (AED approx 340,000), from UK-Ireland ₹39.40 lakh (£38,871), from Australia ₹11.91 lakh (A$ 21,644), from New Zealand ₹3.41 lakh (NZ$ 6,620) and South Africa ₹2.62 lakh (ZAR 46,225).
Ali Zafar and Yami Gautam starrer had declined drastically on first Monday bringing down its four day domestic total, but at overseas box office, the film has performed excellently.
The opening weekend overseas total of the film is almost in the same range as domestic total.
In India, "Total Siyapaa" has raked in ₹4.57 lakh in four days. "#TotalSiyapaa Fri 1.11 cr, Sat 1.43 cr, Sun 1.55 cr, Mon 48 lacs. Total: ₹ 4.57 cr nett. India biz only."
From international markets, the film raked in ₹3.13 crore ($ 513,490) from first three days.
From US it raked in ₹39.19 lakh ($ 64,398), from Canada ₹9.76 lakh ($ 13,071), from UAE-GCC ₹93.79 lakh (AED approx 565,657), from UK-Ireland ₹50.80 lakh (£ 50,123), from Australia ₹16.25 lakh (A$ 29,534), from New Zealand ₹3.04 lakh (NZ$ 5,910) and Pakistan ₹75.67 lakh (PKR 125,56,239).
(Edited by Anu James)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast