Miracle Machine Turns Water into Wine in Just 3 Days
By Parismita Goswami | March 11, 2014 9:05 PM EST
With the use of a new machine, people can soon make their favourite wine at home. A California-based company has developed a machine that can turn water into wine within a short span of three days.
Miracle Machine Turns Water Into Wine in Just Three Days
'Miracle Machine' is a home-made fermentation product that claims to take just three days to turn water into wine by simply using few ingredients. The machine has been co-founded by Kevin Boyer, a Napa Valley wine professional and Philip James, wine website entrepreneur.
The wine is produced after sachets of the ingredients are mixed together in water. Each kit will make different varieties of wine. When a bottle of wine purchased from a store costs $20, Miracle Machine just costs $2 for a bottle of wine.
"We joked about the wine to water miracle and how with today's technology it would not only be possible, but likely. The result is a miniaturized version of the exact same process that wine goes through in the best wine regions around the world. We were both surprised at how good it tastes." Daily Meal quoted Boyer.
To produce the wine, wine lovers need to purchase the basic ingredients, including grape concentrate and yeast, which will be available at the website http://themiraclemachine.net/, once it is launched.
The fermentation chamber of the Miracle Machine uses transducers, electrical sensors, pumps and heaters to provide a controlled environment for the primary as well as the secondary fermentation stages.
The table top appliance is controlled by a mobile app that tracks and guides through the entire progress of the wine. In addition to this, after 24 hours of adding the ingredients, the app will inform its user that the wine is ready to pour and drink.
(Edited by Anu James)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- NASA Astronomers Unearths Mysterious Signal That 'Could Not Be Explained By Known Physics' [Watch Video]
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Industrial Air Pollution May Help Search for Alien Life - Scientists
- Luxury Cruise: A 'Once In A Lifetime' Trip To Experience Environment Devastation in the Arctic
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- MH17: Shrapnel Hits Plane, Russia Calls for UN-led Investigation