Battlefield 4: DICE Releases New Xbox One Updates, Full Patch Notes; Confirms Console Server Rental Options
By Aditya Bhat | March 11, 2014 7:55 PM EST
DICE, which developed the popular FPS title Battlefield 4, has released new Xbox One updates for the game that promise to fix issues related to crash, bugs and will also improve the stability of the game that has been knotty since its launch.
New Xbox One update for Battlefield 4 released.
The update will undo the damage that had been caused to the reputation of the game, after players were dogged with server issues and bugs.
This new Xbox One update was released after DICE recently released patches for PlayStation 3, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. (See Also: Battlefield 4: Game Gets New Patch)
Released on 10 March, this new Xbox One update will fix issues like kill camera triggering, out of sync damage and health indicators in HUD, joining server issue and bug fixes. A number of tweaks will also be brought about with the update. Tweaks have been made to IFV and MBT projectiles, ambience parameters. It also brings tweaks to weapons, grenades, pistols and vehicles. (See Also: Battlefield 4: PC Update Rolls Out; Details of Carrier Assault Mode)
Below are the full patch notes for new Xbox One update (Battlelog Forum):
- Several crash fixes and stability improvements
- Fixed an issue with data re-sending that was causing rubberbanding on some servers
- Increased the maxium rank to 120
- Fixed an issue with the kill camera triggering before game client would display the last portion of damage being dealt, giving players the impression that they died too early
- Fixed issue with blood effects, damage indicators, and health bar updates in the HUD being out of sync. This issue meant that players would sometimes miss information about being shot at, or get the impression of too few hits occurring for the amount of bullets that hit.
- Tweaked the speed, dispersion, and re-arm duration of the IFV and MBT projectiles
- Tweaked timing for how long the killfeed stays on screen
- Fixed an issue where the message "Joining Server" sometimes didn't appear when the user tried to join the server
- Added default player slots to server browser filters
- Fix for an issue on Silk Road where players could deform the terrain to create a big, water-filled hole
- Fix for a bug that occurred with the end-of-round camera if the player was in the bomber in China Rising
- Fix for an issue on Rogue Transmission where it was impossible to capture a flag while riding the quad bike
- Prevented players from interacting with an M-Com on Siege of Shanghai after it had been destroyed
- Fixed an issue where audio for disarming M-Coms could get stuck in an infinite loop
- Added minimap details for missing carriers in Rush on Paracel Storm and Hainan Resort
- Fix for an exploit that would allow players to shoot two tank shells with not enough delay between shots
- Removed a bug where squads would get split up when transitioning between Conquest and Air Superiority
- Fixed an issue where Defuse could get stuck in an unplayable state between rounds
- Removed a bug that would cause players to sometimes get stuck in the killcam after having been killed
- Fixed an issue with revive icon not being greyed out in-game on map and minimap, when the player died after getting revived in Defuse
- General improvements and bug fixes for the Battledash and Mission create screens
- Fixed a bug where red laser dots would get stuck on textures
- Zoom dispersion fix. When zooming in while firing the dispersion did not lower to the new max value
- Fixed a bug where the enemy health always displayed as full in the kill-cam
- Fixed an issue in Defuse so killed bomb carrier can't plant a bomb in the next round without picking up a new bomb
- The MAV has been updated to prevent players from exploiting it
- -Improved repair rates for vehicles with different base healths
- Tweaked volume balance and other ambience parameters on the majority of base game and China Rising maps
- Improved the track vehicles wheel friction so vehicles don't get stuck at relatively minor hills
- Fixed an issue with faulty zoom levels that occurred when using click to zoom in. While sprinting and zooming, will mess up the zoom levels, from hip to zoom.
- Improved boat physics and handling, including implementation of a system that lets players push stuck boats back in the water
- Added a chat feature, allowing spectators to take part of the chat of the match they're spectating
- Fix for the EMP/Proxy Attack effects being visible in Spectator Mode
- Removed the black screen that was visible when switching between cameras and players in Spectator Mode
- Removed squad colors in Spectator Mode, now only the red and blue team colors are visible
- Decreased the user interface clutter in Spectator Mode by removing health pack, ammo pack and revive icons
- Tweaked the 1st person view in Spectator Mode so that spectators now see exactly what players see and nothing else
- Added a functionality in Spectator Mode so that, when going into Freecam from 1st or 3rd person mode, the first static freecam will be moved to behind the previously spectated player
- Added the possibility in Spectator Mode to 'fire' at a player from Freecam to go into 1st person view of that player
- Spectators can now see which player on the scoreboard that carries the bomb in the Obliteration and Defuse game modes
NOTE: For in-depth details on all the balancing tweaks below, head to our "Balancing BF4" articles .
- Increased the number of M84 FLASHBANG and HAND FLARES the player can carry from 2 to 3.
- Increased the effect of M84 FLASHBANG grenades on friendly and enemy players.
- Increased the maximum damage for the RGO from 67 to 80, however reduced the range of explosion.
- Reduced the visual and audio effect for the detonation of the V40 Mini to highlight its smaller blast when compared to other grenades. Decreased the maximum damage from 80 to 60, and decreased the range at which maximum damage is applied.
- Increased the aimed accuracy of the M1911 to make it a viable choice once the COMPACT 45 has been unlocked.
- Increased the close range damage of the M1911, QSZ-92, FN57, CZ-75 and COMPACT 45.
- Reduced the delay between pressing the trigger and the bullet firing for the M412 REX and .44 MAGNUM.
- Increased the magazine capacity of the QSZ-92 to 20 rounds. Additionally reduced the recoil of the QSZ-92 to give it a clear difference from the FN57.
- Corrected a small error with the COMPACT 45 accuracy when crouched or prone.
- Increased the accuracy of pump action shotguns (870 MCS, HAWK 12g, SPAS-12, and UTS 15) while on the move and aiming.
- Reduced the long range damage of the MTAR to bring it in line with the rest of the Carbines.
- Adjusted the way inaccuracy is handled when transitioning from Hip fire to Aimed fire.
- The Heavy Barrel's Accuracy bonus now also applies on the move, at a reduced bonus. This should give the Heavy Barrel a wider role for players who desire accuracy while aimed in all situations.
- Synchronized the timing of the aim down the sights animation of sniper rifles with their ability to fire with full accuracy. Players no longer need to wait for additional time after the aiming animation plays to get accurate shots. There is still a delay to achieve full accuracy, so Quick Scoping is still not possible.
- The SRS bolt action time has been tweaked and the rate of fire has been lowered
- The GOL bolt action time has been tweaked
- The muzzle velocity for the MP7 has been reduced
- The MTAR21 muzzle velocity has been reduced
- Updated the handling of the 1x scopes for Type95B1, A91, SteyrAug, SAR21, QBZ951, FAMAS, UTAS, MTAR, L85A2, and F2000
- Updated rate of fire for the RGP7 and NLAW
- Reduced the total amount of missiles carried by the Mobile Anti-Aircraft vehicles from 6 to 4.
- Reduced the velocity of the MAA's default 20MM CANNON from 1200m/s to 800m/s to match the 30MM CANNON.
- Reduced the physical impact of all Anti-Aircraft missiles to prevent helicopters from flipping uncontrollably when hit. The damage values have not been changed.
- Reduced the cone in which ACTIVE RADAR missiles search for targets, making them require a higher level of skill in predicting where a target will be when the missile is fired.
- Increased the direct damage done by the Attack Helicopter's gunner cannon. The gunner will be better able to assist the pilot in taking down vehicle targets with this change.
- Increased the direct hit damage of the Zuni Rockets for Attack Helicopters. The rate of fire of these rockets combined with their smaller magazine pool made them a poor choice over the other two rocket types.
- Reduced the splash damage and maximum splash damage range of the Scout Helicopter 25MM CANNONS.
- Reduced the "intelligence" of the MBT LAW missiles, requiring the player to aim the missile closer to their target before the smart projectile will activate. Additionally, the MBT LAW now reloads slightly slower. Finally, a bug where the MBT LAW would pass through an ACTIVE PROTECTION shield has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where ACTIVE PROTECTION and the MP-APS did not properly stop 12G FRAG rounds.
- Reduced the range where the M2 SLAM will do maximum damage to vehicles from 6M to 3M. The range was deemed to be too large, making the M2 SLAM far superior to the M15 AT MINE.
- Reduced the damage the STAFF shell does to all targets by 25%. This should balance the ease of use of the STAFF shell with its damage potential.
DICE Confirms Console Server Rental Options
Battlefield 4 players on Xbox 360, Xbox One and PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 will soon be able to avail server rental options. DICE has confirmed that the company will be offering its console players the option to rent servers.
"Indeed, it is coming. I'm afraid we don't have any information on this quite yet, but it is coming soon!" said a DICE representative in Battlelog forum, CVG reported.
DICE has made this feature available to the PC version of Battlefield 4 players. But the console versions will get it soon, it said.
Renting a server will allow players to have greater administrative control over the game, since players will be able to introduce private or public matches, they can customize the gameplay parameters, they can kick a player out or mute certain players.
List of Bugs after PC Update
The new round of updates for all the versions of Battlefield 4 have been out and these patches come with a specific task of bringing fixes to the bugs and the problem-prone video game. However, it has been reported that the new update for PC brings bugs along, reported GamingBolt. (See Also: Battlefield 4: PC Update Rolls Out; Details of Carrier Assault Mode)
Below is a list of bugs that were posted by Reddit user, tek0011:
- TDM NO Sound Bug - Starts after one team reaches 100 kills. Seems to only be on extended ticket settings.
- No kill cards in Hardcore
- AR160 Underbarrel m320 Visual Bugs - AR160 is not showing its long reload animation.
- Killcam showing incorrect information about who killed you
- Laser dots still getting stuck
- Jet cannons not doing damage to other jets and the gunship seems more prevalent.
- V40 Mini is severely nerfed in damage to the enviornment. No longer can take down fences etc
- hand flare falls under the floor in operation locker
- You can't cycle through spectating teammates on defuse anymore.
- borderless window is still broken
- BattlLive scoreboard is broken (again) at least for conquest.
- If you turn level 111, then your BL rank is 00.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including The Satchel Of Savage Mysteries, Zidormi In Dustwallow Marsh And The Frostwall Mines
- High-End Tablets Face-Off: Google’s Nexus 9 Versus Apple’s iPad Air 2
- Nokia Lumia 635: Sprint, Boost Mobile And Virgin Mobile Set To Sell Windows Phone Handset
- ‘GTA V' Heists Release Date Update: Rockstar Confirms DLC Out In ‘Early 2015'
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ News: More On Volcanion Event And Easy To Catch Legendaries