Lorde Slams Kyle Sandilands Over Lesbian, ‘Ellen Together’ Relationship With Taylor Swift
By Anne Lu | March 11, 2014 7:36 PM EST
Lorde has slammed Australian DJ Kyle Sandilands, not for insinuating that she’s in a lesbian relationship with Taylor Swift, but for suggesting that there’s something wrong with “Ellen together”-type of relationship.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
The conversation quickly turned to her burgeoning friendship with fellow Grammy Award winner when Sandilands asked her if she would be bringing Swift with her.
“I see you guys’ pictures everywhere. Are you guys like, are you together now?” Sandilands cheekily asked.
But when Lorde remained silent, he added, “Not together as lesbians. I’m not talking about ‘Ellen together.’ I’m talking about, like, you guys are friendly, right?”
It’s apparent that he was referring to Ellen DeGeneres, the popular U.S. talk show host who is a proud lesbian.
The “Royals” hitmaker appeared to be aghast at his implication that being in a same-sex relationship is a bad thing.
“What do you mean you’re not talking about ‘Ellen together?’ Is there something wrong with lesbians? Is that what you’re trying to say?”
“Oh my god no, I would love that!” Sandilands tried to appease the teen, but ruined the tune when he followed it up with, “Are you going to confirm now that you’re in a lesbian relationship with her?”
Lorde, who seemed too mature for her age, wouldn’t take the bait, simply replying, “Don’t even try it. It’s not working.”
Sandilands pressed on, saying, “I do love her, though. We get along well with her. She’s very down to earth, right?”
But the songstress knew that Sandilands was just goading her to say anything juicy about her friendship with the slightly older singer, so she just replied, “Uh, yeah.”
The shock jock, who at that point appeared to be irked by Lorde’s indifference, sarcastically said, “Don’t go too overboard explaining the friendship then.”
“I won’t, believe me,” Lorde said.
For those wondering where Jackie O was during the conversation, she was there, listening and laughing at her radio partner’s antics.
Lorde’s friendship with Swift doesn’t seem to be developing into anything romantic. Swift, judging by her past relationships, likes boys, while Lorde is in a relationship with boyfriend James Lowe.
Her rep recently denied rumours that she and Lowe are engaged after she was spotted wearing a ring.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists