iPhone 6 Release Update: Is it a Threat to Galaxy S5?
By Karla Danica Figuerres | March 11, 2014 7:32 PM EST
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Rumors focused on the idea of having an iPhone 6 featuring a larger display, which could possibly take on the currently released mighty Samsung Galaxy S5. Apart from this, there were also rumors hinting camera enhancements, mobile payments, solar power, stylus and liquid metal, among others.
The bigger display of iPhone 6 hinted it could possibly take on Samsung Galaxy S5 with 5.25-inches display. But there was no clear cut conclusion on how big iPhone 6 will be.
According to Chinese Analyst Sun Chyang Xu, the iPhone 6 might arrive in 4.7-inch and 5.7-inch models. Also, KDB Daewoo Securities, a South Korean investment firm, which has been holding a good track record for its predictions, claimed iPhone 6 will come in 4.7-inch display with full HD 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution and a 5.5-inch display with 2k QHD resolution at 2272 x 1280 pixels resolution.
Another report out of China claimed the iPhone 6 will arrive in both 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch variants that use the much-anticipated Sapphire Glass display.
With these rumors pointing to the iPhone 6 having bigger screen, it is likely that iPhone 6 will compete with Samsung Galaxy S5.
iPhone 6 release date is almost certain to be this 2014. But the question lies what will be the exact date that the next generation iPhone will hit the shelves?
According to Tech Radar, it appears that the Cupertino tech giant will launch iPhone 6 in September, alongside iWatch and iOS 8. This report has been backed up by the KDB Daewoo Securities that has been accurate with its rumors in the past.
Earlier, Apple was known to release its iPhones in September so the iPhone 6 release date in September 2014 is highly plausible but it does not indicate that the handset will be the only Apple smartphone that we will see this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery