Lorde Not Yet Engaged to Boyfriend James Lowe: Taylor Swift the Reason?
By Annie Dee | March 11, 2014 7:15 PM EST
Lorde denies engagement to long time boyfriend James Lowe, and this stirs rumors that the two are not in good terms because of Lorde's relationship with Taylor Swift. According to MTV UK, Lorde has recently denied several rumors about her private life, and this includes the one regarding her being engaged to James Lowe. Many are starting to wonder whether this has something to do with her close relationship with Taylor Swift, especially after the controversial interview Lorde did in an Australian radio show, The Kyle and Jackie Show, where the radio hosts seem determined to make the "Royals" songstress lose her cool.
Singer Lorde performs "Royals" at The Grammy Nominations Concert Live - Countdown to Music's Biggest Night event at Nokia theatre in Los Angeles December 6, 2013. The 56th annual Grammy Awards will be presented January 26, 2014 in Los Angeles. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
A cheeky host asked Lorde about BFF Taylor Swift and specifically said, "I see your guys' pictures everywhere. Are you guys, like, uh, are you together now?" he asked before adding: "Not together as in lesbians...I'm not talking about 'Ellen together,'" referring to American television personality and Oscars host Ellen DeGeneres.
Lorde did not answer the question celebrity way, which means sweeping whatever she is feeling under the rug and acting nice. Instead, Lorde answered like Lorde would and bristled in response, "What do you mean you're not talking about 'Ellen together'? Is there something wrong with lesbians?"
Rather than letting it go, the radio host did not let Lorde easily off the hook and tried to reel her in using another bait by asking whether Lorde is ready to confirm her relationship with Swift. Lorde, who is currently being tapped by MAC Cosmetics for a makeup collaboration, did not take the bait and shut down the conversation quickly by saying, "Don't even try it, it's not working."
Amidst speculations on her lesbian relationship with Taylor Swift, Lorde's rep claimed that the "Team" singer is still very together with James Lowe. However, engagement rumors are deflected. Lorde's rep dispels rumors on the singers' engagement, which were sparked by her wearing a ring on her engagement finger in Houston by saying, "I can confirm Lorde is not engaged."
Whether or not the enigmatic Grammy winning new singer is with Taylor Swift or with James Lowe, Lorde's unique music has gained her an audience for the royals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- Rihanna And Jay Z Romance Reports Quashed: Queen Bey And RiRi To Join Forces- Report
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- US, Canada Labour Activists ‘Block the Boat for Gaza’ Succeed in Blocking Docking of Israeli Ship in California Port
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Larger 5.5inch iPhone 6 Variant Will Roll Out in the Market as ‘iPhone 6L’
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff