Lorde Not Yet Engaged to Boyfriend James Lowe: Taylor Swift the Reason?
By Annie Dee | March 11, 2014 7:15 PM EST
Lorde denies engagement to long time boyfriend James Lowe, and this stirs rumors that the two are not in good terms because of Lorde's relationship with Taylor Swift. According to MTV UK, Lorde has recently denied several rumors about her private life, and this includes the one regarding her being engaged to James Lowe. Many are starting to wonder whether this has something to do with her close relationship with Taylor Swift, especially after the controversial interview Lorde did in an Australian radio show, The Kyle and Jackie Show, where the radio hosts seem determined to make the "Royals" songstress lose her cool.
Singer Lorde performs "Royals" at The Grammy Nominations Concert Live - Countdown to Music's Biggest Night event at Nokia theatre in Los Angeles December 6, 2013. The 56th annual Grammy Awards will be presented January 26, 2014 in Los Angeles. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
A cheeky host asked Lorde about BFF Taylor Swift and specifically said, "I see your guys' pictures everywhere. Are you guys, like, uh, are you together now?" he asked before adding: "Not together as in lesbians...I'm not talking about 'Ellen together,'" referring to American television personality and Oscars host Ellen DeGeneres.
Lorde did not answer the question celebrity way, which means sweeping whatever she is feeling under the rug and acting nice. Instead, Lorde answered like Lorde would and bristled in response, "What do you mean you're not talking about 'Ellen together'? Is there something wrong with lesbians?"
Rather than letting it go, the radio host did not let Lorde easily off the hook and tried to reel her in using another bait by asking whether Lorde is ready to confirm her relationship with Swift. Lorde, who is currently being tapped by MAC Cosmetics for a makeup collaboration, did not take the bait and shut down the conversation quickly by saying, "Don't even try it, it's not working."
Amidst speculations on her lesbian relationship with Taylor Swift, Lorde's rep claimed that the "Team" singer is still very together with James Lowe. However, engagement rumors are deflected. Lorde's rep dispels rumors on the singers' engagement, which were sparked by her wearing a ring on her engagement finger in Houston by saying, "I can confirm Lorde is not engaged."
Whether or not the enigmatic Grammy winning new singer is with Taylor Swift or with James Lowe, Lorde's unique music has gained her an audience for the royals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’