Lorde Not Yet Engaged to Boyfriend James Lowe: Taylor Swift the Reason?
By Annie Dee | March 11, 2014 7:15 PM EST
Lorde denies engagement to long time boyfriend James Lowe, and this stirs rumors that the two are not in good terms because of Lorde's relationship with Taylor Swift. According to MTV UK, Lorde has recently denied several rumors about her private life, and this includes the one regarding her being engaged to James Lowe. Many are starting to wonder whether this has something to do with her close relationship with Taylor Swift, especially after the controversial interview Lorde did in an Australian radio show, The Kyle and Jackie Show, where the radio hosts seem determined to make the "Royals" songstress lose her cool.
Singer Lorde performs "Royals" at The Grammy Nominations Concert Live - Countdown to Music's Biggest Night event at Nokia theatre in Los Angeles December 6, 2013. The 56th annual Grammy Awards will be presented January 26, 2014 in Los Angeles. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
A cheeky host asked Lorde about BFF Taylor Swift and specifically said, "I see your guys' pictures everywhere. Are you guys, like, uh, are you together now?" he asked before adding: "Not together as in lesbians...I'm not talking about 'Ellen together,'" referring to American television personality and Oscars host Ellen DeGeneres.
Lorde did not answer the question celebrity way, which means sweeping whatever she is feeling under the rug and acting nice. Instead, Lorde answered like Lorde would and bristled in response, "What do you mean you're not talking about 'Ellen together'? Is there something wrong with lesbians?"
Rather than letting it go, the radio host did not let Lorde easily off the hook and tried to reel her in using another bait by asking whether Lorde is ready to confirm her relationship with Swift. Lorde, who is currently being tapped by MAC Cosmetics for a makeup collaboration, did not take the bait and shut down the conversation quickly by saying, "Don't even try it, it's not working."
Amidst speculations on her lesbian relationship with Taylor Swift, Lorde's rep claimed that the "Team" singer is still very together with James Lowe. However, engagement rumors are deflected. Lorde's rep dispels rumors on the singers' engagement, which were sparked by her wearing a ring on her engagement finger in Houston by saying, "I can confirm Lorde is not engaged."
Whether or not the enigmatic Grammy winning new singer is with Taylor Swift or with James Lowe, Lorde's unique music has gained her an audience for the royals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices