Lorde Not Yet Engaged to Boyfriend James Lowe: Taylor Swift the Reason?
By Annie Dee | March 11, 2014 7:15 PM EST
Lorde denies engagement to long time boyfriend James Lowe, and this stirs rumors that the two are not in good terms because of Lorde's relationship with Taylor Swift. According to MTV UK, Lorde has recently denied several rumors about her private life, and this includes the one regarding her being engaged to James Lowe. Many are starting to wonder whether this has something to do with her close relationship with Taylor Swift, especially after the controversial interview Lorde did in an Australian radio show, The Kyle and Jackie Show, where the radio hosts seem determined to make the "Royals" songstress lose her cool.
Singer Lorde performs "Royals" at The Grammy Nominations Concert Live - Countdown to Music's Biggest Night event at Nokia theatre in Los Angeles December 6, 2013. The 56th annual Grammy Awards will be presented January 26, 2014 in Los Angeles. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
A cheeky host asked Lorde about BFF Taylor Swift and specifically said, "I see your guys' pictures everywhere. Are you guys, like, uh, are you together now?" he asked before adding: "Not together as in lesbians...I'm not talking about 'Ellen together,'" referring to American television personality and Oscars host Ellen DeGeneres.
Lorde did not answer the question celebrity way, which means sweeping whatever she is feeling under the rug and acting nice. Instead, Lorde answered like Lorde would and bristled in response, "What do you mean you're not talking about 'Ellen together'? Is there something wrong with lesbians?"
Rather than letting it go, the radio host did not let Lorde easily off the hook and tried to reel her in using another bait by asking whether Lorde is ready to confirm her relationship with Swift. Lorde, who is currently being tapped by MAC Cosmetics for a makeup collaboration, did not take the bait and shut down the conversation quickly by saying, "Don't even try it, it's not working."
Amidst speculations on her lesbian relationship with Taylor Swift, Lorde's rep claimed that the "Team" singer is still very together with James Lowe. However, engagement rumors are deflected. Lorde's rep dispels rumors on the singers' engagement, which were sparked by her wearing a ring on her engagement finger in Houston by saying, "I can confirm Lorde is not engaged."
Whether or not the enigmatic Grammy winning new singer is with Taylor Swift or with James Lowe, Lorde's unique music has gained her an audience for the royals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft