Lorde Not Yet Engaged to Boyfriend James Lowe: Taylor Swift the Reason?
By Annie Dee | March 11, 2014 7:15 PM EST
Lorde denies engagement to long time boyfriend James Lowe, and this stirs rumors that the two are not in good terms because of Lorde's relationship with Taylor Swift. According to MTV UK, Lorde has recently denied several rumors about her private life, and this includes the one regarding her being engaged to James Lowe. Many are starting to wonder whether this has something to do with her close relationship with Taylor Swift, especially after the controversial interview Lorde did in an Australian radio show, The Kyle and Jackie Show, where the radio hosts seem determined to make the "Royals" songstress lose her cool.
Singer Lorde performs "Royals" at The Grammy Nominations Concert Live - Countdown to Music's Biggest Night event at Nokia theatre in Los Angeles December 6, 2013. The 56th annual Grammy Awards will be presented January 26, 2014 in Los Angeles. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
A cheeky host asked Lorde about BFF Taylor Swift and specifically said, "I see your guys' pictures everywhere. Are you guys, like, uh, are you together now?" he asked before adding: "Not together as in lesbians...I'm not talking about 'Ellen together,'" referring to American television personality and Oscars host Ellen DeGeneres.
Lorde did not answer the question celebrity way, which means sweeping whatever she is feeling under the rug and acting nice. Instead, Lorde answered like Lorde would and bristled in response, "What do you mean you're not talking about 'Ellen together'? Is there something wrong with lesbians?"
Rather than letting it go, the radio host did not let Lorde easily off the hook and tried to reel her in using another bait by asking whether Lorde is ready to confirm her relationship with Swift. Lorde, who is currently being tapped by MAC Cosmetics for a makeup collaboration, did not take the bait and shut down the conversation quickly by saying, "Don't even try it, it's not working."
Amidst speculations on her lesbian relationship with Taylor Swift, Lorde's rep claimed that the "Team" singer is still very together with James Lowe. However, engagement rumors are deflected. Lorde's rep dispels rumors on the singers' engagement, which were sparked by her wearing a ring on her engagement finger in Houston by saying, "I can confirm Lorde is not engaged."
Whether or not the enigmatic Grammy winning new singer is with Taylor Swift or with James Lowe, Lorde's unique music has gained her an audience for the royals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report