Lorde x MAC Collection Coming in Summer: Deep Berry and Purple for the Beach Season?
By Annie Dee | March 11, 2014 7:13 PM EST
Aside from her music, everyone took notice of Lorde because of the androgynous style that shouts unique and yet classy. Most people noticed how Lorde loves dark colors, not only on her wardrobe but also on her makeup. However, instead of giving a gothic vibe, fans are enamored by how pretty Lorde's vampy lips in dark shades of deep berry and purple are and are looking for ways to capture the same look for themsleves. MAC Comestics must have heard their prayers and tapped Lorde for collaboration in a limited edition makeup collection to be marketed this summer.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London
Lorde will join the ranks of celebrities who have collaborated with MAC such as Lady Gaga, Dita Von Teese, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna and the mother-daughter combo, Kelly and Sharon Osbourne. While not a makeup junkie like the average celebritiy, Lorde herself is excited about her collection. Lorde shared to The Cut on March 10: "MAC has a very clear aesthetic that has always felt fashion forward to me. So I was really excited to work with them on these products, which I use pretty much every day and night. I hope you will too."
No one will believe it, but Lorde actually gushed because of MAC. Lorde gushed: "I have loved MAC Cosmetics since I was a little kid. I remember saving up to buy my very first MAC lipstick [Snob] at 14, and it was used by about 20 of my friends!"
This comes as a no surprise since the Royals songstress went to the Grammys with everything MAC.Lorde worked with MAC Cosmetics Senior Artist Amber Dreadon at the Grammys on Jan. 26 and wore MAC Cosmetics for her eyes, lips, and face. She even used three types of MAC lipstick to achieve the look she wanted for the prestigious event. The girl is royal.
Because the collection is coming during the summer, fans are wondering how Lorde's prominent dark and moody shades will fit in during the happy season when everything is about yellow and orange. We all have to sit back and wait for what MAC and Lorde will concoct then.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage