Lorde x MAC Collection Coming in Summer: Deep Berry and Purple for the Beach Season?
By Annie Dee | March 11, 2014 7:13 PM EST
Aside from her music, everyone took notice of Lorde because of the androgynous style that shouts unique and yet classy. Most people noticed how Lorde loves dark colors, not only on her wardrobe but also on her makeup. However, instead of giving a gothic vibe, fans are enamored by how pretty Lorde's vampy lips in dark shades of deep berry and purple are and are looking for ways to capture the same look for themsleves. MAC Comestics must have heard their prayers and tapped Lorde for collaboration in a limited edition makeup collection to be marketed this summer.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London
Lorde will join the ranks of celebrities who have collaborated with MAC such as Lady Gaga, Dita Von Teese, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna and the mother-daughter combo, Kelly and Sharon Osbourne. While not a makeup junkie like the average celebritiy, Lorde herself is excited about her collection. Lorde shared to The Cut on March 10: "MAC has a very clear aesthetic that has always felt fashion forward to me. So I was really excited to work with them on these products, which I use pretty much every day and night. I hope you will too."
No one will believe it, but Lorde actually gushed because of MAC. Lorde gushed: "I have loved MAC Cosmetics since I was a little kid. I remember saving up to buy my very first MAC lipstick [Snob] at 14, and it was used by about 20 of my friends!"
This comes as a no surprise since the Royals songstress went to the Grammys with everything MAC.Lorde worked with MAC Cosmetics Senior Artist Amber Dreadon at the Grammys on Jan. 26 and wore MAC Cosmetics for her eyes, lips, and face. She even used three types of MAC lipstick to achieve the look she wanted for the prestigious event. The girl is royal.
Because the collection is coming during the summer, fans are wondering how Lorde's prominent dark and moody shades will fit in during the happy season when everything is about yellow and orange. We all have to sit back and wait for what MAC and Lorde will concoct then.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced