Lorde x MAC Collection Coming in Summer: Deep Berry and Purple for the Beach Season?
By Annie Dee | March 11, 2014 7:13 PM EST
Aside from her music, everyone took notice of Lorde because of the androgynous style that shouts unique and yet classy. Most people noticed how Lorde loves dark colors, not only on her wardrobe but also on her makeup. However, instead of giving a gothic vibe, fans are enamored by how pretty Lorde's vampy lips in dark shades of deep berry and purple are and are looking for ways to capture the same look for themsleves. MAC Comestics must have heard their prayers and tapped Lorde for collaboration in a limited edition makeup collection to be marketed this summer.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London
Lorde will join the ranks of celebrities who have collaborated with MAC such as Lady Gaga, Dita Von Teese, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna and the mother-daughter combo, Kelly and Sharon Osbourne. While not a makeup junkie like the average celebritiy, Lorde herself is excited about her collection. Lorde shared to The Cut on March 10: "MAC has a very clear aesthetic that has always felt fashion forward to me. So I was really excited to work with them on these products, which I use pretty much every day and night. I hope you will too."
No one will believe it, but Lorde actually gushed because of MAC. Lorde gushed: "I have loved MAC Cosmetics since I was a little kid. I remember saving up to buy my very first MAC lipstick [Snob] at 14, and it was used by about 20 of my friends!"
This comes as a no surprise since the Royals songstress went to the Grammys with everything MAC.Lorde worked with MAC Cosmetics Senior Artist Amber Dreadon at the Grammys on Jan. 26 and wore MAC Cosmetics for her eyes, lips, and face. She even used three types of MAC lipstick to achieve the look she wanted for the prestigious event. The girl is royal.
Because the collection is coming during the summer, fans are wondering how Lorde's prominent dark and moody shades will fit in during the happy season when everything is about yellow and orange. We all have to sit back and wait for what MAC and Lorde will concoct then.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS