'Divergent' Star Theo James: Five Awesome Things About the Rebel Hunk [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | March 11, 2014 7:08 PM EST
English actor Theo James is known for playing Four in his upcoming science fiction movie "Divergent" with co-star Shailene Woodley. Based on the novel of the same name, "Divergent" is written by Veronica Roth and it stars Kate Winslet, Maggie Q, Miles Teller, Zoe Kravitz and Ansel Elgort.
Cast members Theo James (R) and Shailene Woodley of the new film "Divergent" are interviewed at the 51st annual Publicists Guild Awards in Beverly Hills, California February 28, 2014.
The two rising stars are playing a rebel couple in a dystopian post-apocalyptic version of Chicago. James is also famous for his role as a rookie detective ad the future New York City police commissioner Walter William Clake, Jr. in CBS network's "Golden Boy."
"Divergent" is scheduled to be released in March 21, 2014 in the U.S. and it's about a futuristic Chicago whose people are divided into five distinct factions based on their personalities. The movie's soundtrack will be performed by British popstar Eli Goulding. The singer will premiere her "Divergent" track "Beating Heart" during "MTV First" on Tuesday, March 11 at 7:53 P.M. ET on MTV.
Here are the five things to know about "Divergent's" rebel hunk Theo James.
1. Theo's first film credit was in "You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger" and "The Domino Effect." He was also chosen to play David in the fourth installment of "Underworld: Awakening" which was released in 2012.
2. He was cast to play the lead role of Tobias "Four" Eaton in Veronica Roth's book adaptation on March 15, 2013. In his upcoming project, he'll be starring alongside Jim Sturgees, Amber Heard and Bill Bob Thornton in the film adaptation of "London Fields."
3. Aside from acting, the 29-year-old actor was a singer and guitarist of the London-based band Shere Khan. But unfortunately, the band is not actively playing as the members are pursuing other musical projects.
4. Before landing the role for "Divergent," the gorgeous British hunk made a cameo on one of the best episodes of "Downtown Abbey" as Mr. Pamuk, who had an untimely death in the throes of passion.
5. Born in Oxford, Oxfordshire, James is also a philosophy graduate of University of Nottingham. A youngest of five children, Theo has Greek, English and Scottish origin.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports