'Divergent' Star Theo James: Five Awesome Things About the Rebel Hunk [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | March 11, 2014 7:08 PM EST
English actor Theo James is known for playing Four in his upcoming science fiction movie "Divergent" with co-star Shailene Woodley. Based on the novel of the same name, "Divergent" is written by Veronica Roth and it stars Kate Winslet, Maggie Q, Miles Teller, Zoe Kravitz and Ansel Elgort.
Cast members Theo James (R) and Shailene Woodley of the new film "Divergent" are interviewed at the 51st annual Publicists Guild Awards in Beverly Hills, California February 28, 2014.
The two rising stars are playing a rebel couple in a dystopian post-apocalyptic version of Chicago. James is also famous for his role as a rookie detective ad the future New York City police commissioner Walter William Clake, Jr. in CBS network's "Golden Boy."
"Divergent" is scheduled to be released in March 21, 2014 in the U.S. and it's about a futuristic Chicago whose people are divided into five distinct factions based on their personalities. The movie's soundtrack will be performed by British popstar Eli Goulding. The singer will premiere her "Divergent" track "Beating Heart" during "MTV First" on Tuesday, March 11 at 7:53 P.M. ET on MTV.
Here are the five things to know about "Divergent's" rebel hunk Theo James.
1. Theo's first film credit was in "You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger" and "The Domino Effect." He was also chosen to play David in the fourth installment of "Underworld: Awakening" which was released in 2012.
2. He was cast to play the lead role of Tobias "Four" Eaton in Veronica Roth's book adaptation on March 15, 2013. In his upcoming project, he'll be starring alongside Jim Sturgees, Amber Heard and Bill Bob Thornton in the film adaptation of "London Fields."
3. Aside from acting, the 29-year-old actor was a singer and guitarist of the London-based band Shere Khan. But unfortunately, the band is not actively playing as the members are pursuing other musical projects.
4. Before landing the role for "Divergent," the gorgeous British hunk made a cameo on one of the best episodes of "Downtown Abbey" as Mr. Pamuk, who had an untimely death in the throes of passion.
5. Born in Oxford, Oxfordshire, James is also a philosophy graduate of University of Nottingham. A youngest of five children, Theo has Greek, English and Scottish origin.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles