'Divergent' Star Theo James: Five Awesome Things About the Rebel Hunk [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | March 11, 2014 7:08 PM EST
English actor Theo James is known for playing Four in his upcoming science fiction movie "Divergent" with co-star Shailene Woodley. Based on the novel of the same name, "Divergent" is written by Veronica Roth and it stars Kate Winslet, Maggie Q, Miles Teller, Zoe Kravitz and Ansel Elgort.
Cast members Theo James (R) and Shailene Woodley of the new film "Divergent" are interviewed at the 51st annual Publicists Guild Awards in Beverly Hills, California February 28, 2014.
The two rising stars are playing a rebel couple in a dystopian post-apocalyptic version of Chicago. James is also famous for his role as a rookie detective ad the future New York City police commissioner Walter William Clake, Jr. in CBS network's "Golden Boy."
"Divergent" is scheduled to be released in March 21, 2014 in the U.S. and it's about a futuristic Chicago whose people are divided into five distinct factions based on their personalities. The movie's soundtrack will be performed by British popstar Eli Goulding. The singer will premiere her "Divergent" track "Beating Heart" during "MTV First" on Tuesday, March 11 at 7:53 P.M. ET on MTV.
Here are the five things to know about "Divergent's" rebel hunk Theo James.
1. Theo's first film credit was in "You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger" and "The Domino Effect." He was also chosen to play David in the fourth installment of "Underworld: Awakening" which was released in 2012.
2. He was cast to play the lead role of Tobias "Four" Eaton in Veronica Roth's book adaptation on March 15, 2013. In his upcoming project, he'll be starring alongside Jim Sturgees, Amber Heard and Bill Bob Thornton in the film adaptation of "London Fields."
3. Aside from acting, the 29-year-old actor was a singer and guitarist of the London-based band Shere Khan. But unfortunately, the band is not actively playing as the members are pursuing other musical projects.
4. Before landing the role for "Divergent," the gorgeous British hunk made a cameo on one of the best episodes of "Downtown Abbey" as Mr. Pamuk, who had an untimely death in the throes of passion.
5. Born in Oxford, Oxfordshire, James is also a philosophy graduate of University of Nottingham. A youngest of five children, Theo has Greek, English and Scottish origin.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Elimination Recap: Redfoo’s Acts in the Bottom 2; Ed Sheeran, The Veronicas, AJR Guest Star [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes