Google Nexus 6 Release in August, Display Leaked And Other Features
By Precious Silva | March 11, 2014 7:05 PM EST
The smartphone market remains as one of the most lucrative businesses today. This is the reason tech giants like Samsung, Apple and Google have been releasing handsets for the past few years. Samsung has recently revealed its Samsung Galaxy S5 flagship and apparently Google will be following suit with the Google Nexus 6.
An employee answers phone calls at the switchboard of the Google office in Zurich in this file photo from August 18, 2009. Google Inc's consolidated revenue beat Wall Street's target in the fourth quarter even as pricing for its online ads weakened during the holiday season, the company reported January 30, 2014. REUTERS/Christian Hartmann/Files
Recent data provide a leak of the images, including other expected features. Can Google create a monster phone? It appears the Internet giant has plans of releasing a new smartphone - Google Nexus 6. Analysts cited the project has been based on Google's continued claim that it wants to be at the middleground to go up against competitors like Samsung and Apple.
Rumors about Google Nexus 6 began surfacing after Samsung's much hyped event during the Mobile World Congress 2014. Apple will reportedly release two handsets in September such as a smartphone and a phablet. This means Google has an open and excellent spot for Nexus 6 in the middle of the third quarter.
If the Internet giant will target stores by that time, the announcement must around May or June, according to the analysts. This will depend on what the Nexus manufacturer plans during its annual I/O Developers Conference.
According to Christian Post, Sundar Pichai, Google's senior vice president of android, chrome and apps, hinted on the announcement of Nexus 5 successor.
"I can assure you it will not be released in the first half of the year," he said.
Reported features were similar to LG G3 like an octa core-processor and quad HD 1440p display. Other reports cited Google may include a 5.5-inch screen and a 64-bit processor. For the photo of the leaked display, click here.
Once Google Nexus 6 is settled, the Internet giant can focus more on important things, including working on the features that match the current Samsung Galaxy S5 and the upcoming iPhone 6.
The Nexus 6 may feature a 2K display as it has been becoming a standard among smartphones this year.
Google will have to come up with interesting features similar to the heart-rate monitor of the Galaxy S5 and fingerprint scanner on the iPhone 5s to stand out.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report